EnergyXT VST Version Insert Audio Tracks ????

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know how to insert tracks into the Sequencer of EnergyXT VST ?

Or if you know of any other VST/i that you can load audio tracks in that play in sync to the host ?

my energy vst version is 2.6, seeing what you are doing it should work i guess, in your case the tracks aren´t appearing :? , can you try in another host? EDIT- as for another vst sequencer host, theres the older version , energyXT 1.4 (abandoned)

Thanks Don for the EDIT !!!! :) 1.4 works perfect, are there any limitations with it ?
http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0102

So 1.4 won't save until you register it, so I purchased energyXT and I got a name and serial, but 1.4 says:
Q: Can I register energyXT version 1.4 with the xt.lck license used by energyXT2.0?

Yes, make a copy of xt.lck and rename it to massiva.key. In energyXT 1.4, right-click in main window and select 'Install license' from the popup menu, select the massiva.key and click OK.

I purchased the ReWireVST but I have never been able to get in contact with Jørgen not matter what email I use.
Is he still alive ??

EDIT: I went to Register EXT3.0 that I downloaded a while back but there is no place to enter a key or register and I tried saving and it saves. When I just purchased it before it gave me the download link for 2.6.

"Is he still alive ??"

i hope so :) , as for energyxt, updates are nowere near what once were, is fair to say development kinda stoped but sometimes a "coming next" on the beta page appear, if you like xt as it is already as much as i like its not a problem, but if you are looking for new features better look elsewhere..
hope you end up with no registering problems, i hadn´t and use version1.4, v2.6 and v3
edit-v3 didnt ask for a serial maybe cus you updated on the v2.6 folder and the key was already there

Yes I would of registered 2.6 VST and it registered the 3 standalone.
Thanks for your help !

Yes, unfortunately, Jorgen has passed away from brain cancer in December 2016. Such a shame. :( Now his 12yo nephew is managing the development of EnergyXT.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:Yes, unfortunately, Jorgen has passed away from brain cancer in December 2016. Such a shame. :( Now his 12yo nephew is managing the development of EnergyXT.
WTF!
If this should be a joke - and I guess it is supposed to be one - than that's a really a bad one... :(

Of course it's a joke. That's why I said his nephew took over the development. :) But honestly, XT development last several years is a joke in itself in comparison of how it used to be. Sadly. :(

Call it a bad joke all you want, but for me who was involved with XT development since the beginning it is not. It used to be so much different and EnergyXT used to be a *very* promising DAW. I still use v1.41 from time to time. It's an incredibly creative jamming environment. :tu:

Newer EnergyXT is too unstable for me to work with. Jorgen actually took great offence at comments here on KvR from users like me and cowardly took off. Never to return. That's how EnergyXT feels now to me, too. It took off never to return. :(
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:EnergyXT used to be a *very* promising DAW.
What do you mean "promising?" Energy XT is amazing. I write MIDI and record live instruments and all sorts of stuff without any problems or lack of features whatsoever. I don't understand complaints about slow development. XT is already feature-rich. I feel like people who don't like it should simply use one of the countless other DAWs. I've never seen so many butthurt people crying about such a fantastic piece of software. I just don't get it. I mean, who the f**k cares about the developer's personality? This software is well worth it's price. I just don't get you people.

I think you've never used EnergyXT v1.41 djvision. That's EXT I'm talking about. Try it sometime. It's a very different beast that if developed further could have become a beast DAW for live shows. :tu:

EnergyXT 2 and 3 lack so much from it. :sad: They are more of a normal DAW just like every other DAW. Nothing special and less stable in my experience. So I started using Reaper and never looked back. That was in 2007. 8)

DuX wrote:I think you've never used EnergyXT v1.41 djvision. That's EXT I'm talking about. Try it sometime. It's a very different beast that if developed further could have become a beast DAW for live shows.
Thanks for the explanation. No, I never used 1.4 and I don't need a DAW for live performance. There are plenty of options for that and I'm glad you found something that works for you, though I'm surprised you would spend time here 10 years later telling people eXT's developer died of brain cancer. Can you explain this? Because that's contradictory to your statement that you "never looked back." Personally I would be rather upset if Mr. Aase died since I use his software every week and look forward to updates and new modules, regardless of how infrequent.

I never looked back, but I regret that v1.4 wasn't continued to develop that way. There are numerous threads on KVR about it from those times. Loads of people were not satisfied with what he turned a very unique and great tool into. I still feel a bitter taste of that in my mouth whenever I play with v1.4. 2 and 3 are great in their own way, but v1 was different. It is hard to explain. Just give it a try if you can and you'll see what I mean, probably. It's a really nice tool. Nowadays lots of plugins don't work with it and it's 32-bits, of course. But it's still interesting and unique and fast for jotting down ideas. :tu:

I wrote that knowing that he doesn't visit any more. He rejected KVR long time ago. :roll: That's when he kinda died for me. So I decided to have a little joke at his expense. :party:

Cheers!

DuX wrote:I think you've never used EnergyXT v1.41 djvision. That's EXT I'm talking about. Try it sometime. It's a very different beast that if developed further could have become a beast DAW for live shows. :tu:

EnergyXT 2 and 3 lack so much from it. :sad: They are more of a normal DAW just like every other DAW. Nothing special and less stable in my experience. So I started using Reaper and never looked back. That was in 2007. 8)
You wanted a live performance daw so you went to Reaper ?

Huh ?

Ableton Live,sure,but Reaper ?

How does that work exactly ?

DuX wrote:that's how EnergyXT feels now to me, too. It took off never to return. :(
I doubt it ever will return.

A quick Google Of "Jorgen Aase" brings up a Linkdin page for Jorgen that says he started work as a software developer for "Finn.no" which is the Norwegian equivalent of Craiglist,or Gumtree etc. It says he started there in January 2017.

It would appear that XT development will be a part time hobby for evenings and weekend, and after real paid work is done for the day.

Return to “energyXT”