FR: Decimation?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I have looked through all the melda plugins, and I can't seem to find one that does proper decimation? I know that BitFun can do bit reduction, but it's the sample reduction I'm after, like in D16 Decimort.

The closest one seem to be MMultibandDistortion with the S&H + S&H Character parameters. But it can not do the same extreme reduction as Decimort can. Also, the manual does not explain what these actually do. :shrug:
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

I too have been missing this from the Melda lineup.
I was wondering if I just missed it in some Mplug somewhere, as it is quite easy to do, with these 100 or so plugs.

but really I miss it a lot especially when using Mxxx to make something wild and creative.
Rate reduction is one of my most used tools in sound design, although it is usually in conjunction with something else like a very resonant filter, but sometimes even just to add that little bit of sparkle in the highs to something with mostly low freqs like a bassline.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

It's in MDistortion (or MMultibandDistortion), in the destroyer section. Turn up S&H to 100% then adjust S&H Character to adjust the sample rate. I agree it's not terribly clear and would have been better named samplerate reduction, but it's probably a hangover from a very old plugin.

Well, I'd stick with the S&H. To be honest, samplerate reduction just doesn't sound like too interesting idea really. It's basically a low-pass filter with some horrible aliasing :D. I'll check if I have some little time, it should be simple enough, but no promises, I never liked this thing...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

This feature could be added to MBitFun.
MDeciBitFun

A little Reminder. Any News concerning SR-Reduction? Lord Decimort would be very pleased ...

I think this got added. Named reducer in MDistortion.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Thx. I'll try it later!

GRUMP wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:43 pm Lord Decimort would be very pleased ...
:D :D :clap:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

;-)

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:16 pm
I found my Ways already. MSF has Soultions for everything somewhere. Frequency Shifter + my "Blackbox" IRs are even more evil than you know who :D

GRUMP wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:27 pm
I found my Ways already. MSF has Soultions for everything somewhere. Frequency Shifter + my "Blackbox" IRs are even more evil than you know who :D
Uuuu, sounds devilish! :evil: :love: :)
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:05 pm
GRUMP wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:27 pm
Uuuu, sounds devilish! :evil: :love: :)
No No. Just heavenly dirty!

Return to “MeldaProduction”