Tracktion 7 using samples to provide audio to Midi tracks?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this specific issue. I have imported midi files from a different platform to provide a basic structure for my track. Now all I need is audio to be inserted so that the midi Track uses the sample kick drum or snare audio to follow along with the current timing and piano roll structure displayed from the imported midi track. Sorry if this seems confusing, does anyone know what I'm talking about? Basicly i want to use the sampler vst to provide the audio for my imported Midi. So that the kick drum would hit at the same timing I had previously structured. Much thanks if I can get help with this.

I am a bit confused. Why can't you just put the sampler on the MIDI track and use it to play the parts you need? Load the samples you want into the sampler, and line them up with the MIDI notes you want played.
Mark Swanson, guitarist and luthier
Click to visit Swanson Guitars
http://www.MarkSwansonMusic.com

I think you might be missing the problem part of your problem... From your description it sounds as though you know exactly what you want to do. Is there something that's stopping you from using the sampler to play the MIDI? Do you not have samples to load? Have you loaded samples but they don't play? Is the kick drum you want to play not actually a part of the MIDI you have loaded?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Tracktion”