Reverbs on the same league of Valhalla's?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e@rs:

Not got the Vroom one but I hear you about the gui.
Valhalla are among the nicest to work imo
out of the 3 I have I tend to use
Ubermods diffusion mode for verbs,
it just sounds lovely :phones:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

e@rs wrote:
shroom81 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:2CAudio.
3rd that, although I only got Breeze (a lighter version of their Verbs)
which still sounds amazing. I can imagine their more expensive offerings would beat the crap out of most other Reverbs.
I got Breeze too. :wink: But somehow I prefer VRoom's GUI and of course, its less CPU usage.
BTW, where is the 1.5 update, Sean :?:

Also heard some people saying that Aether is the best reverb ever made...
And Martin Gore of DM fame chose Aether and B2 as his favorite software reverbs (CM239).
I just really don't like the sound of the 2CAudio verbs. I don't know why, but I just don't click with them. I've tried them all, but I would take Valhalla any day for sound and usability.

comfortablynick wrote:
e@rs wrote:
shroom81 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:2CAudio.
3rd that, although I only got Breeze (a lighter version of their Verbs)
which still sounds amazing. I can imagine their more expensive offerings would beat the crap out of most other Reverbs.
I got Breeze too. :wink: But somehow I prefer VRoom's GUI and of course, its less CPU usage.
BTW, where is the 1.5 update, Sean :?:
Also heard some people saying that Aether is the best reverb ever made...
And Martin Gore of DM fame chose Aether and B2 as his favorite software reverbs (CM239).
I just really don't like the sound of the 2CAudio verbs. I don't know why, but I just don't click with them. I've tried them all, but I would take Valhalla any day for sound and usability.
I pretty much think them equal in sound, but different in graphics and flow. Thing is, for me (and perhaps my generation), I actually prefer skeuomorphic GUI's as my mind can adjust on the fly quicker. Another thing 2CA gives me is a vast amount of presets that are closer to perfect in how I use them, so tweaking is little and happens quick. The last comparison was just price. When pricing getting everything from both, 2CA was actually cheaper. Doesn't mean Valhalla is not something that is out of the question at all though. I still watch the market for 'Shimmer'.

shroom81 wrote:e@rs:

I completely agree - "nice" actually describes them pretty well, I think - they may not be "cool", they may not be fancy, but somehow they are really nice - whenever I open them they give me this immediate "being at home" feeling somehow... everything is where you left it and where you expect it to be and it's not all posh and shiny but it's yours and it's lovely and it's comfy - it's hard to describe it but they are just really nice.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Blackhole is very much in the same league, in my opinion - comparable to VVV and they go well together. Hard to pick a fav!

Soundwise Blackhole is actually comparable with Shimmer.
But I agree, it complements VVV.

jens wrote:
shroom81 wrote:e@rs:

I completely agree - "nice" actually describes them pretty well, I think - they may not be "cool", they may not be fancy, but somehow they are really nice - whenever I open them they give me this immediate "being at home" feeling somehow... everything is where you left it and where you expect it to be and it's not all posh and shiny but it's yours and it's lovely and it's comfy - it's hard to describe it but they are just really nice.
Well, not everything is nice with Valhalla GUIs... I really REALLY hate the fact that one has no way to quickly reset a parameter. :x

Demong VVV.

Can I turn off the tool tips?

I used to have Valhalla Room and found it to be surprisingly good. I've since bought Acon's Verberate which I prefer as an algorithm natural space sounding reverb. I've also bought Reverberate 2.0 and I think this reverb sounds amazing (especially with the fusion IR's). I'm not keen on the gui but the sound of Reverberate 2.0 is my favourite.

samsam wrote:Demong VVV.

Nope.

e@rs wrote:
samsam wrote:Demong VVV.

Nope.
Aw man, that' s shame, for me.

Cheers

Reverbs on the same league of Valhalla's?

On that price level? No.

To get something 10% better, you will have to pay more than double the price of the Valhalla's.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

The only one I see is RealTimeOnly Reverbical. It's great, great, great and more than this, and the price is in the same range, so I think that's what I'd call "same league".
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote:The only one I see is RealTimeOnly Reverbical. It's great, great, great and more than this, and the price is in the same range, so I think that's what I'd call "same league".
Yes.

Reverbical is a really nice one. Has shimmer too.

Another worth looking at is Auditory Polaris

True, I forgot Polaris. It's a (on purpose !!) lo-fi reverb, but it's a VERY nice sounding one !
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Return to “Effects”