A little bit of Bitley

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fairlight Kontakt R2 Lost In The Fairlight Maze Sublime Chimes Way Beyond Fairlight R2

Hopefully you have heard about Bitley somewhere?

Hi! My name is Patrick and I call myself Bitley. Why? Well it just felt like a cool name so that's what I took. I had no ideas of the resemblance with "Britney", as I was completely locked in on my own world of creations, lol. Anyway, in short, I am a swedish guy in my 40s and I have been happily programming synths ever since the CZ-101 came out; it was my first one. I worked for Propellerhead running their support and I worked for Clavia desigining sounds, as well as PowerFX where I ran marketing and made soundbanks. I also worked supporting and selling instruments etc. Complete synth nerd. I've built lots of synth banks for like TX81Z, K4, Nord Modular and JV-1080 etc in the past.

Since 2010 I have been working hard doing my own sound bank production for Reason and Kontakt under the Bitley name. After asking one of the Fairlight founders, Peter Vogel, in 2010, if I could start sampling a Fairlight II+ and building a refill with those sounds, I got an uplifting reply leading me to start digging. Everything was sampled in to maintain the sound of the machine, edited, looped, and then came the idea of truly expanding on the amazing but very limited Fairlight, so more synths, drum machines and samplers were added to the mix. Focus was laid on creating a stunning, complete library for modern music production and satisfying just about all the basic needs; Sararr voices, lately basses, 909 kits, and adding all of the sounds I had always loved. The DX7 harp for instance. The JX8P Soundtrack pad. Tons of my own patches for Kawai K4, D-50, Triton, JX10, Casio VZ and CZ, electric organs, drum machines; the list basically never stopped growing. Since Fairlight was the first building block it all became a "maze" of sounds, all of it with the magic midas touch of the Fairlight CMI somehow.

When everything was sampled, looped and so on, the patching work involved re-creating all of the CMI presets but also creating brand new sounds with these building blocks in various combinations. Or in case of Reason; various Combinators. After we'd built the first few Reason banks - these became true giants with thousands of sounds -, we started looking at expanding to Kontakt as well. Turned out to be a giant project where things often had to be reprogrammed to even sound remotely as good. Basic compability was there but hands on editing was an absolute necessity. On just about each single patch. It all started with an on going "Kontakt Project" where users were asked to contribute with patches and ideas. Especially one of the users understood what I had in mind; this was Chris / Python Blue and we still collaborate today. When everything was ready in the "project" the next step was "Fairlight Kontakt" in about 2014. This led to the current banks Fairlight Maze and Fairlight Kontakt R2. Upgrade paths exist in just about all possible directions.

What we have now except the happy experiences of getting in touch with lots of amazing people out there (including old idols like Tears For Fears and Scritti Politti), are several Reason refills often based on the Fairlight, and two large Kontakt libraries (one consisting of several small libraries; currently thirteen of them) as well as a Python Blue-developed Reaktor "Fairlight playback engine", the Lofi Reaktant. Demo tracks to show it all off; it's nothing like a "vintage sampler" library; that's just the start. Our banks are better seen as great production starters, go to kits of just about all sound types when it comes to keyboard oriented / electronic work. All of the old stuff is there because it should!

Welcome visiting the Bitley site & getting in touch.

Soundcloud playlist: some of our favourite demos both by users and ourselves.
Youtube playlist: our 8 demo tracks for the first banks in Lost In The Fairlight Maze.

Hi Patrick

I thought you would have made your presence known here long before now.

I like your work. I don't own any of your libraries, yet, but I do like your demo songs. This one in particular is my favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ikUZvcpxE

I'm not a big fan of your website though. Personally, I think it would look better with less text where your products are listed. How about creating individual pages for each product and having all the relevant info on their separate pages? Just a thought.
Opax

Thank you very much Opax, I appreciate your feedback and I also think that it's so cool that you are one of those apparently keeping track of what I do! Super. :)

I will update the site and try to improve it.

My focus was on Reason for a long time; Propellerhead had their own user forums before. It was great for us refill producers, easy to reach out to a large target group with news and instantly get some sales on new releases. When they took it down a large chunk of that market vanished. It's important to be where users are.

Where they are today is a mystery! :)

I have been trying some other forums but I think it was a user reminding me about KVR. Hopefully I can find some hungry musicians here and feed them with quality sounds. Being able to reach out to a large and active group of people is a blessing so I am thankful for a place like this!

Hi Patrick! Great to see ya here!
I remember discovering you and your site when all the Bitley work was still refill only... This past November, I was thrilled to find out that Kontakt versions of those goodies and MORE were available (took advantage of that and now own several of the "Lost in the Fairlight Maze" collection :D ) ...and then, just this week, I discovered that you are doing a very generous
GROUP BUY
...I hope you don't mind that I bring this to the front. I think it's an awesome opportunity to get many amazing sounds from some iconic machines that shaped the face of music as we now know it.
(I *will* be joining this group buy asap...still need to make a few more sales of my own to make that happen :hihi: )

It's great of you, thanks!

Yup I haven't been pushing out a fancy marketing video for this yet as I am in the middle of moving to another place. Takes forever but I am starting to see the light in the tunnel. After that I will produce something to shed light on it. The idea is to add more and more sounds as people join in.

I posted the groupbuy in the bargain thread. It's awesome! How long it will run? I really hope we reach the final level. For that price it's totally amazing!!! :tu: :)

It's a $347 value for $73? Wow!! :love:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Excellent! It will run as long as needed to reach the destination :) Ppl shouldn't get a hangup on the number of sounds as it will increase all the time. ;) For each and everyone.

Thanks, Patrick!
that sounds WELL worth the price of admission (and I might encourage anyone on the fence to purchase one of the hideously low priced "Lost in the Fairlight Maze" collections as a taste...10bucks each? really? :shock: )

but I do have another question:
after one buys into the GB, when should we see delivery?
your GB page makes mention of the 73 initial sounds for $73 and possiblity of delivery roll out at somewhere between 50 and 73 orders... is there a plan to include the running total of orders received on the page so others might be more tempted?
(I guess that's more than one question :oops: )

No worries, due to the comments in the bargain thread I have now changed this, so the group buy package now comes with 658 patches from the start. :wink:

I have to bump this amazing Groupbuy!

Code: Select all

Explanation, one more time People on forums were asking for a clarification on how this is meant to work, so here goes:

1. The beginning: $73 gives you 658 patches.

2. The more people ordering, the more patches will be added (for all participants, of course).

3. When a decent number of group buy packs are sold, all participants will get the entire Fairlight Kontakt R2 library (of over 1,400 patches). Everyone gets a huge sound collection!

The idea is that if you join you will see the library grow and it will hopefully inspire people to inspire more people. 
Thank you! I just bought it! It's amazing!!! :clap: :clap: :tu: :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Thanks a lot.

Important notice! http://bitley.laconicsounds.net/were-bu ... group-buy/

Fairlight Kontakt R2 Group Buy deadline April 15th! :o So order now to secure your place.

synthesite wrote:Thanks a lot.

Important notice! http://bitley.laconicsounds.net/were-bu ... group-buy/

Fairlight Kontakt R2 Group Buy deadline April 15th! :o So order now to secure your place.
Hi Patrick!
I was just about to bump this for the good of all who deserve to know...but it appears the link is ...disconnected at present?
thought you ought to have a heads up!
(and thanks so much for the latest addition to the GB goodies! soooo awesome!!! :hyper: :tu: )

Just had an email conversatio with Patrick. He ended the Group Buy early but agreed that he would allow one last group of participants if we got 20 people by Sunday night. This will be $73 for the full library as laid out in the initial group buy offer. If you're interested, please PM me (but only if you're really in). I'll post a similar message on GS. I;m not on Facebook or Twitter but, if you are, send out the word and get back to me. I'll let Patrick know on Sunday night.
Procrastinators of the world, unite!

Thanks

Carl

Cool - this looks really great. Hopefully we can extend that Group Buy.

Many thanks Patrick for the beautiful work (and Carl for the effort with PM-ing).

You can order the group buy directly now. Below is the latest update from the Bargain Thread:
More on: Bitley Fairlight/Synclav Group Buy Offer (Deadline by Monday 15.00 Central European Time)

From Patrick (the developer),

I have just now, thanks to your kind feedback, set up a Paypal link for joining in and getting the full R2 library at once.

You can share this link to anyone anywhere:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... U8WX3EPSEG

Hopefully this will make people confident in that I am 100% serious about the whole thing! :-)

I have spent years developing these sounds and they are built on my own unique samples of the Fairlight - with proper support from Fairlight as well as Peter Vogel. The other samples in the library comes from my own favourite patches of some synths or in many cases my own patches of synths like the K4, D-50, Juno series (all of them), JX8P, Prophet VS and lots more.

If people want to hear fresh demos of the sounds, this entire playlist consists of songs I made with just some of it;

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE ... 7g6uJ7wLTC

This is 17 minutes of audio in total and I think it should give a pretty good insight into what can be done. Naturally people can create music in any style; personally I am 46 years old and I have often been inspired musically by the likes of Scritti Politti, Yello, Art Of Noise, Howard Jones, Depeche Mode; the electronic music that ruled the world when I formed my taste. It might be too "vintage" for many younger musicians but rest assured, again, that these are just a minimal collection of musical sketches just to give a base overview and a proof the sounds are well made and instantly usable :)

To extend the generosity, if anyone instead would prefer getting the Reason 7 (and up) banks Way Beyond Fairlight and Way Beyond Synclavier 1 + 2 the Paypal link works for that as well. Please just share the info that they can email me a quick note if they want that platform instead and I'll set it up; no email needed if they want the Kontakt 5 (and up) format of "R2".

I am certain any Spectrasonics fans will find these sounds just as inspiring, and an advantage over Omnisphere II is that these libraries actually use much less CPU power. The demo tracks I made for Kontakt were cut on a 2006 Mac Pro (Model identifyer 1,1 if checking http://www.everymac.com), Motu 2408 and OS X 10.7 & Logic Pro 9, so any system above that in performance can play back more simultaneous stuff than I used - without issues.

I hope that should sort out any question marks but if people want more info they can also post questions on my Facebook page;

http://facebook.com/bitleysounds

- and I will be happy to help out right away.

All the best from Sweden! (btw, a great guy! cj58) :tu:

Return to “Soundware”