Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

So, someone know at least one people who managed to get additional H5 license from steinberg ? )

aMUSEd wrote:I worked out a way to share ratings between Halion 6 and Halionsonic - the ratings files (mediabay3.db) are stored in \Users\username\Library\Preferences\Halion 6 or Halionsonic but they are separate files which is annoying as I wanted to not have to rate stuff twice. However if you trash one and replace it with a symlink to the other it enables them to share the same database. I would suggest making the Halion one the 'master' as it potentially has more libraries (eg for me I have Simon's).
Thanks for the heads up. This sounds very useful. :tu:
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

Has anyone got their legacy Halion licences back yet?

Thanks.

LoopyFruit wrote:Has anyone got their legacy Halion licences back yet?

Thanks.
Still not yet, I only know of one or two that have.

BassMasterK wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I worked out a way to share ratings between Halion 6 and Halionsonic - the ratings files (mediabay3.db) are stored in \Users\username\Library\Preferences\Halion 6 or Halionsonic but they are separate files which is annoying as I wanted to not have to rate stuff twice. However if you trash one and replace it with a symlink to the other it enables them to share the same database. I would suggest making the Halion one the 'master' as it potentially has more libraries (eg for me I have Simon's).
Thanks for the heads up. This sounds very useful. :tu:
Needless to say back them up first ;)

LoopyFruit wrote:Has anyone got their legacy Halion licences back yet? Thanks.
I'm quite sure you eventually get a Halion 5 license if you contact the support, some already got. But I still wonder, why one would need that. As far as i know, Halion 6 is backward compatible with Halion5.

Yes but not with earlier versions like Hypersonic that many people still use

Hadrondrift wrote:
I'm quite sure you eventually get a Halion 5 license if you contact the support, some already got. But I still wonder, why one would need that. As far as i know, Halion 6 is backward compatible with Halion5.
Like has been mentioned countless times - HALion 6 is not 32-bit compatible, and Windows 7 is NOT supported (although it is working fine over here).

And please, do not question why one would need 32-bit compatibility, or would care about running in a supported system. :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Hadrondrift wrote:
Like has been mentioned countless times - HALion 6 is not 32-bit compatible, and Windows 7 is NOT supported (although it is working fine over here).

And please, do not question why one would need 32-bit compatibility, or would care about running in a supported system. :borg:
Did you say you got yours? Does it license Hypersonic now?

aMUSEd wrote: Did you say you got yours? Does it license Hypersonic now?
I can't say. I haven't Hypersonic 2 installed anymore. I don't even know anymore where I have the disks. When I got HALion Sonic, I forgot Hypersonic 2. My aim was always HALion, which I got shortly after.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Like has been mentioned countless times - HALion 6 is not 32-bit compatible, and Windows 7 is NOT supported (although it is working fine over here).
Don't forget all those Hypersonic Users suddenly popping up like mushrooms in a forest ;-)
Honestly, I would question the 32-Bit thingy in 2017. But yes, running on an unsupported system maybe a problem for (at least) professionals, so that's a valid point. Maybe Steinberg will rethink their decision not supporting Win7.
Last edited by Hadrondrift on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fmr wrote:
Hadrondrift wrote:

So you buy Halion 6 to use Halion 5?

Why did you get Halion Sonic with Halion 5 anyway? Bug or feature?

chk071 wrote: So you buy Halion 6 to use Halion 5?

What? NO.

I have HALion since version 2 or 3 (don't remember exactly). I bought Hypersonic, then I upgraded to HALion Sonic, when it came to replace Hypersonic 2, then I took advantage of some special to upgrade to HALion. Any HALion licensee has HAlion Sonic also, so, I have both since then.

And I didn't bought HAlion 6 to use HALion 5 (what gave you that idea?) I upgraded to HALion 6 FROM HALion 5.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
chk071 wrote: So you buy Halion 6 to use Halion 5?

What? NO.

I have HALion since version 2 or 3 (don't remember exactly). I bought Hypersonic, then I upgraded to HALion Sonic, when it came to replace Hypersonic 2, then I took advantage of some special to upgrade to HALion. Any HALion licensee has HAlion Sonic also, so, I have both since then.

And I didn't bought HAlion 6 to use HALion 5 (what gave you that idea?) I upgraded to HALion 6 FROM HALion 5.
Hadrondrift wrote: I'm quite sure you eventually get a Halion 5 license if you contact the support, some already got. But I still wonder, why one would need that. As far as i know, Halion 6 is backward compatible with Halion5.

BTW, on a general note, i find it funny that everyone rants over developers not updating their software to the newest, shiny version, but, everyone complains if soon to be obsolete OS versions are not supported. Just mentioning, because, obviously, there is no logical reasoning behind that, it simply seems to depend on the situation on the sole individuals computer.

Return to “Instruments”