GrainSpace updated to v2.5 - Granular Reverb Processor - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GrainSpace

Audiority wrote:Noted!
Chick, what DAW are you using? Currently I found a way to assign any MIDI CC to GrainSpace in both Logic Pro and Ableton Live. Since all the parameters are automatable, I guess many DAW can let you assign a MIDI controller to them.

Cheers,
Luca
Sorry, I hadn't read your earlier reply about adding the "ON" knob for freeze. This would be exactly what I need! Because now it's just one value on a CC knob and hard to switch on exactly without going further (regardless of your DAW). I have a live situation in mind where I just have to press a knob to turn that freeze thing on and off. :)
The other thing with pitch control of the freeze signal (inspired by Clouds) - is there a workaround for this?

do you have an example of the pitch control of freezed signal?

Polyverse's I Wish (a "pitch freezer plugin") does something similar, I guess. And if I'm right, Clouds' freeze signal can be used as an oscillator.

Here's a Kore 2 template for Grainspace

https://www.dropbox.com/s/974836amh3mmq ... e.ksd?dl=0

Chick Sangria wrote:Polyverse's I Wish (a "pitch freezer plugin") does something similar, I guess.
If I correctly remember, "I Wish" uses a technique where the frozen signal length is the same as the note's wavelength.
Chick Sangria wrote:And if I'm right, Clouds' freeze signal can be used as an oscillator.
So, basically, the Pitch control tunes the entire freezed buffer?

Cheers,
Luca

Last day to get GrainSpace at intro price!

Audiority wrote:
So, basically, the Pitch control tunes the entire freezed buffer?

Cheers,
Luca
I haven't got the slightest idea, tbh.
It's probably not what your plugin is meant to be.
Anyway, it is just what I have been looking for! I made a TouchOSC template to control most of the parameters (except pitch, where it's fiddly to get back to zero with a MIDI CC fader). I also made a freeze button which sends a value of 12 in order to hit the "on" state.
Just attach an iPhone to a guitar or a wind instrument - big granular fun for live performance.

That sounds very cool! :D

In the meanwhile GrainSpace updated to v1.0.3
– Cleaner code and small CPU performance improvements.

To update download and install the demo version from the product page.

Cheers,
Luca

Great update. One think I would love to if you add this feature. The ability to control attack of grain, so it doesn't create click noise because of sudden attack.

Thanks, Phil. The grains are windowed. If you hear clicks, please be sure Position and/or Stretch have positive values. Also Distance parameter helps.. at 50% you get unity gain overlap.

Blown away by GrainSpace. This thing sounds amazing. I especially love the shimmer sounds I'm getting out of my guitar. Bought after a day of demoing.

I don't know if this is the right place to report this, but I'm getting a consistent repeatable bug here. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition fully up to date, x64 system with x64 hosts running the x64 version of GrainSpace VST for windows. When I open the plugin window, it is blank for about 6 seconds before the gui appears. I'm using x64 hosts. I've tested in both Reaper and Bitwig, all latest versions. This behavior is consistent upon first load, and anytime after I close the FX window and try to open it again. It also freezes the graphics in both hosts too. There are no audio glitches, only graphical glitches.

I've also downloaded the demo of Polaris and Harmonic Maximizer; neither of which have this bug, which makes me think it's an unintentional bug with the latest version of GrainSpace. The GUI for both Poraris and Harmonic Maximizer open instantly.

I'm running the latest version of GrainSpace - 1.0.3

Was hoping that this behavior was just a bug with the demo of GrainSpace, but it is also exhibiting identical behavior with a licensed version. The 6 second graphical freeze happens every time I open the GUI.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Thanks, Superfly. I'll verify that and, if confirmed, add to my ToDo list for the next update.

Luca

Cool. I'll check it on some other systems here as well.

This graphical hang up is not keeping me from using this plugin. This thing sounds wonderful. Mainly using this for shimmer duty right now. About to go use it in my live rig today.

Regards,
Doug

Just tested on my Surface Pro i5 256GB SSD 8GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro x64 Anniversary update (fully up to date). Tested on Bitwig, also x64. The plugin GUI behavior is the same. Takes about 8 seconds to show the window and freezes the GUI of my host at the same time.

Edit:
Also tested in Reaper on the Surface. Behavior is the same on all windows systems here.

GrainSpace 1.0.3

Windows7 pro here. 64bit, Cubase 9, i7 2600K, 32GBRam, Evga GTX770, SSD

The GUI does take a moment to load here, perhaps some 2-3 seconds.
I didn't even paid attention to it, but indeed, it's so.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Return to “Effects”