Anyone Using Diva On More Than 4 Cores?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

I'm in a position to get an AMD 1800X and already demo'd Diva on my fastest i7 build.
It's a 4790k No HT, no Turbo and stock speeds.
Diva seems to spread out nicely.

Wondering if the 6 or 8 Core CPUs have the same nice results.
Sometimes more Cores has cache coherency issues like having to use larger buffers.
I like my 64 sample buffer and can go to 256 w/o penalty.
Hoping someone here can confirm Diva has no issues on a larger shared cache.

Ankyu

Greetings,

Using it here with an AMD FX6300 6-core CPU. No problems, the multicore setting in Diva really makes a difference with the heavy-hitting patches.

Diva is lovely. :)

Best,

dp

diaper@ky wrote:I'm in a position to get an AMD 1800X and already demo'd Diva on my fastest i7 build.
It's a 4790k No HT, no Turbo and stock speeds.
Diva seems to spread out nicely.

Wondering if the 6 or 8 Core CPUs have the same nice results.
Sometimes more Cores has cache coherency issues like having to use larger buffers.
I like my 64 sample buffer and can go to 256 w/o penalty.
Hoping someone here can confirm Diva has no issues on a larger shared cache.

Ankyu
Not sure about the 4+ cores. However, with 8 threads (which is possible on the 4790K, as you know) i have killer performance.

Good to hear about AMD 6 Core.
I'm definitely getting the Ryzen.

Using it on 16 cores here. (Double Xeon.)
Barely even registers, even in multiple instances.
Although I find using too much of it can muddy up audio fairly quick.

Too much as in too many instances?

diaper@ky wrote:Too much as in too many instances?
Yes. All I'm saying is I remind myself with this synth of the principle that "less is more". Often doesn't need anymore than a single instance to make everything else in the mix shine.

i use it on i7 5800k 6 cores @ 4ghz

a single pad can stutter the sound if multicore isn't active. If i use a lot of instances, i can't activate multicore on every instance, so i keep simple sound normal and switch complex sounds to multicore.
I think it's a good cpu for diva, compared to my old i7 3770k with 4 cores

BBFG# wrote:
Yes. All I'm saying is I remind myself with this synth of the principle that "less is more". Often doesn't need anymore than a single instance to make everything else in the mix shine.
That's true of real analog hardware as well. I've had a Memorymoog since I was a kid and purchased an Xpander in 08, even just those two fill everything up so much I gravitate towards very digital sounding synths to sit with them, otherwise that fuzzy analog oscillator sound becomes mud.

machinesworking wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
That's true of real analog hardware as well. I've had a Memorymoog since I was a kid and purchased an Xpander in 08, even just those two fill everything up so much I gravitate towards very digital sounding synths to sit with them, otherwise that fuzzy analog oscillator sound becomes mud.
Was a twelve year owner of the Memorymoog myself. :tu:
Even if it isn't 'mud' it can still become lessons in over-saturation fast.
In those days, only the DX-7 gave it enough 'balance'.

Bazille actually gives Diva a nice character balance these days though.

BBFG# wrote:
machinesworking wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
Was a twelve year owner of the Memorymoog myself. :tu:
Even if it isn't 'mud' it can still become lessons in over-saturation fast.
In those days, only the DX-7 gave it enough 'balance'.

Bazille actually gives Diva a nice character balance these days though.
That + Zebra2, with it's 'glassy' capabilities. As the matter of fact, Diva fits a lot of synths (which aren't 'emulating' old VA synths) to be honest.

Yeah Diva sounds good.
I snagged her.
Been using Solaris with CODE OD, SE-1 and SE-1X.
Just want to use my Physis K4 and racked PC for these gigs I got this year.
Cant stand seeing my vintage stuff getting beat up anymore, and Zebra2 HZ and Diva will cover everything Im going to do.

Using a kick ass FPGA based Hammond clone that sounds fantastic.
u-He synths mix well with it too.
Radial Space Heaters really give these powerful virtual synths a big punch in the larger arrays.
Set mine up with QSC KW Series Dual 18" PA and these Dogs will Hunt...

Dont really see a need for the Ryzen but will get a 6 core w/o HT just so I can help keep Intel working harder.

http://www.eteknix.com/amd-ryzen-r5-160 ... ks-appear/

All of their lakes and rivers based CPUs have been a treat, but we need 5ghz @ 85watt TDP>
I know theyre holding out...

6 cores here and it makes use of it fine.

If a couple of synth tracks make your audio "muddy" then you need to brush up on your EQ.

I like Mud.
Diva and Zebra2 HZ love the Radial Tube Mixer.
Tried Repro, Synthmaster One, Serum.
Should have saved time and went straight to Diva.

The 6 Core Ryzen @ 4GHz with 32GBs of RAM is the ticket.
Dual instances and no more beating up my hardware synths.
Lean mean gigging machine.

Time to hunt for a Good 2/3 foot Ribbon.
Solaris Ribbon on CFM and Wavetables is badass.
I'm thinking Zebra2 and Diva will get a beating from one.

"CFM"?

Return to “u-he”