Your biggest Dead-End Spend & why

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rob Papen Blade / RAW and the SuboomBass ...
I can't sell because i upgraded to complete and sell the complete upgrade , RP tell me that he don't allow transfer license of the remaining plugin if you sell the complete upgrade...

Probably the most expensive bit of music gear I've ever bought: a 2nd hand Casio FZ1 sampler. Must have been over twenty years ago, think it was ~£5-600. Messed around on it loads (think Ferris Bueller...) but, even with it's massive for the time display, I discovered menu diving wasn't for me so never used it as I thought I would. Ended up swapping it for a mixer a year or two later (GAK Brighton, top guys. :))

In order of wasted money vs usage:

1. Muse Receptor. Its VST compatibility was never great, OS updates stopped abruptly (the UI was poor too), the integrator plugin was garbage and never went 64-bit, system management was a PITA, networking was always frustrating, and, finally, the power supply died (with no ability to use off-the-shelf parts to replace it; yet the off-the-shelf junk PC nature of the rest of the hardware left it worth nothing on the second-hand market even before the PSU died). All my efforts at moving my Windows-only VST plugins to it (when I was abandoning Windows for Mac) were reduced to being a complete waste of time.

2. Sonar. I bought about six versions and it never got better. However, I DID create music with it at times, so it wasn't a total loss (just frustrating and not cost-effective).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

mumpcake wrote:Synthmaker. Never got around to learning how to use it.
Well, at least you'll have less crashing :hihi:

Interesting seeing how many ways there to leave your lover :)

This thread got me thinking. And over the years I must have wasted a ton of money chasing dreams.

My sig shows what I use, and all the rest is junk for me, which said list includes many many plugs from most of the big & small names.

What a slut I've been :oops: :clown: :D
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”