PayPal and the GIFT option for international users (19 EU / 6 International countries atm)

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got a mail on changes to the PP terms and conditions. The link lead me to a looong webpage. Seriously? Has anyone read all that gibberish, anything interesting in it? 8)

Time we switch to free IBAN payments wherever that is possible :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Don't you pay account fees for your bank account? Also remember that you have no buyer protection at all with that.

chk071 wrote:
Don't you pay account fees for your bank account? Also remember that you have no buyer protection at all with that.
Well, since I have to have a bank account anyway, I have to pay the fees for that anyway. So, using it for IBAN payments doesn't increase my expenses by a single cent.

I got rid of my credit card at the end of last year, now I have a basic account, which costs me less than 5 euros per year. Since I only use online banking and atm's, that's perfect for me :)

In terms of protection, I have only used IBAN on the KVR market place once so far. There PP seems more appropriate for the time being. But I really hate using PP, they seem like a greedy bunch. Americans, what do you expect...

chk071 wrote:
Don't you pay account fees for your bank account?
I don't.

Well, then your bank gets it the one or the other way anyway. You'll have to pay for their services in some way. Be it, that they deal with your money in a favorable way for them, and don't pay you much, if any, interests. Noone is offering his commercial service for nothin'.

Of course I don't get interest on my savings. But I would not get interest if I kept my money under the pillow, either. At least it is safe now up to €100k...

And yes, of course banks use my money to work with it, they have always done so.

The interesting thing is that some banks simply charge a whole lot more than others, for exactly the same services.

Well, mind that Paypal doesn't deal with savings, it deals with transactions. Different thing.

Well, then the seller gets it one way or the other anyway. You'll have to pay for your protection in the end. Noone is offering his commercial goods for nothin'.

chk071 wrote:Well, mind that Paypal doesn't deal with savings, it deals with transactions. Different thing.
But the very same transaction is totally free with IBAN payments, which are standard within the EU, anyway.

I get the impression that some developers don't want to give customers their IBAN because they are afraid their account will be compromised.
And here on KVR that might be even more of an issue. I would never give my IBAN to a new poster, but to a well-known poster with thousands of posts, why not...

chk071 wrote:Well, mind that Paypal doesn't deal with savings, it deals with transactions. Different thing.
But the very same transaction is totally free with IBAN payments, which are standard within the EU, anyway.

I get the impression that some developers don't want to give customers their IBAN because they are afraid their account will be compromised.
And here on KVR that might be even more of an issue. I would never give my IBAN to a new poster, but to a well-known poster with thousands of posts, why not...
How are you going to compromise a bank account with an IBAN though? Every company, lawyer, or doctor, have their IBANs on their business letters.

I don't know, but I have read such notices on several websites. Some ask potential customers to contact support for IBAN payments.
LD is one such case. I paid my Sylenth1 license per IBAN, but there is no mention of it on the site.

Yes, all about earning dividends for paypal ;)

How else are they gonna pay their staff of 18000 people ?

Apparently it's a bit 'sloppy' with transactions (well, we kind of knew that):
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/tech ... wsuit.html

Disgusting.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”