Reverbs on the same league of Valhalla's?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:
comfortablynick wrote:
e@rs wrote:
shroom81 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:2CAudio.
3rd that, although I only got Breeze (a lighter version of their Verbs)
which still sounds amazing. I can imagine their more expensive offerings would beat the crap out of most other Reverbs.
I got Breeze too. :wink: But somehow I prefer VRoom's GUI and of course, its less CPU usage.
BTW, where is the 1.5 update, Sean :?:
Also heard some people saying that Aether is the best reverb ever made...
And Martin Gore of DM fame chose Aether and B2 as his favorite software reverbs (CM239).
I just really don't like the sound of the 2CAudio verbs. I don't know why, but I just don't click with them. I've tried them all, but I would take Valhalla any day for sound and usability.
I pretty much think them equal in sound, but different in graphics and flow. Thing is, for me (and perhaps my generation), I actually prefer skeuomorphic GUI's as my mind can adjust on the fly quicker. Another thing 2CA gives me is a vast amount of presets that are closer to perfect in how I use them, so tweaking is little and happens quick. The last comparison was just price. When pricing getting everything from both, 2CA was actually cheaper. Doesn't mean Valhalla is not something that is out of the question at all though. I still watch the market for 'Shimmer'.
Interestingly (and this is purely to my subjective ear) using several instances of B2 and Aether in mix seems to apply more space and movement, but thats my ear. Still use Valahalla for more single insturments/sounds/drum hits and 2C on group sends.

comfortablynick wrote:
e@rs wrote:
shroom81 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:2CAudio.
3rd that, although I only got Breeze (a lighter version of their Verbs)
which still sounds amazing. I can imagine their more expensive offerings would beat the crap out of most other Reverbs.
I got Breeze too. :wink: But somehow I prefer VRoom's GUI and of course, its less CPU usage.
BTW, where is the 1.5 update, Sean :?:

Also heard some people saying that Aether is the best reverb ever made...
And Martin Gore of DM fame chose Aether and B2 as his favorite software reverbs (CM239).
I just really don't like the sound of the 2CAudio verbs. I don't know why, but I just don't click with them. I've tried them all, but I would take Valhalla any day for sound and usability.
I'm the complete opposite there -- I think 2cAudio reverbs are excellent.

However, I will very readily grant that Valhalla reverbs are easier to use. But that's by design.

2cAudio is all about control down to very small details -- it's easy to make their reverbs sound bad (or rather, inappropriate for the immediate task) if you aren't careful about what you're doing. They reward attention to detail and a methodical approach to use.

Valhalla verbs are much more forgiving and don't require you to be as exacting in what you dial in.

To me, if you want to work quickly, use Valhalla. If you want to dial in as exacting a sound as possible with (IMO) better audio quality, use 2cAudio (although Valhalla is nothing to turn your nose at -- they do sound good).

2C Audio reverbs are very difficult to use (I mean : time consuming if you want to tweak it to taste) for sure, but that's for a reason : that's because they are some of the most flexible in the world ! I love them !
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Recently bought Pro-R and I am in awe of this thing. Different price bracket though.. :/

Imho the two most underrated reverbs of all time are 112dB Redline Reverb and Quikquak RaySpace. Those two deserve way more than they receive.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

How about VSS3? It's Native now...

Return to “Effects”