Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SEXY!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/Amer ... 11-Hole.gc

But it's a good 20ish usd more :?

Maybe the pearloid......

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Proline/US- ... ckguard.gc

I've had to eliminate a couple because they have the cutout for the truss (which I do NOT want )

Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Travel guitars if nothing else are fun. And I've had a few where they were very entertaining to have. However the issues I've always had with them are always the same.... Build quality.

While I do have the fundamentals of guitar tech down. I really don't like having to replace switches, jack plates, cleaning up the frets, and sometimes even replacing the frets changing the tuners and all the other things associated with low grade throw away travel guitars.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

one odd-looking thing about that is that it appears to have 23 frets...

Sold! Finally, no more pesky high E note when doodling.

sorry Incubus, I didn't get that-
it was a pickguard you bought?
Does that help with knocking E?

23 fret guitar.......standard tuning......no high E........bwah ha.....bwah......

Yeah, it was a lame joke.

@pickguard, yep, turning my murican deluxe into a "real" strat "hihi:

oh hehe

Chiqita are a banana farmer over here-so something about being able to bend the rest of them still :party:

tapper mike wrote:and all the other things associated with low grade throw away travel guitars.
I hope that's not this case. Mark Erlewine is making these again so I'm expecting some reasonable attention to detail. It's not exactly a cheap guitar.

I have a Washburn Acoustic Rover which I love playing. I know it's not the greatest sound but considering the portability it is a fantastic instrument. I love it and take it whenever I go away.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Every-once in awhile someone in the market does exactly that. Makes a higher quality short scale guitar. Ibanez is also doing that with it's mikro series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DETAPMJC21I

If you look at the numbers there is no way they could sustain sales at the prices they are selling these for. But if you think about it as a long term investment in sales ...then it's a win. Kid gets a nice guitar that's easy to play, falls in love with the brand and sticks with them.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

you can get a mikro with free shipping on ebay from pitbull audio at 134.99

Here's a bit of a pisser. I haven't played my p bass in quite some time. But the strings are all discolored in a really bizarre way :?

They sound "ok" so I shouldn't be bothered, but I am.

mmm- so expensive to change.

I have a 6-string bass,
and haven't got around to restringing it EADGBE-
I have the strings.
It's BEADGB.
It's shameful of me how short a time I have spent playing- truly badass Ibby

Yup. And these were EB "cobalts" which are almost twice as much :dog:

I want flatwounds. REALLY REALLY want. But the last set was at least twice as high in tension and were miserable to play.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”