MIDI Controller Tool?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like to put your MDynamicEQ on my tracks as first insert fx: usually quite big amount per song. I can map its parameters to MIDI controllers in two ways: from DAW or from the plugin itself. But no matter how, it's always the same problem: you need a set of new controllers for each instance.

But what if there's some kind of routing tool which allows to use only a few controllers for the same parameters in all plugins of the same type, but only in one instance at the moment - the one which is edited now. The result should be similar to Softube's Console 1 but with any hardware. Or maybe like MMultiAnalyzer, which is capable of linking all its instances.

The benefit is obvious: just a few knobs from your keyboard "to rule them all" and simpler mapping. This could be also a blessing for Studio One users (like me), because they need an intrument track for each audio plugin if they want to send MIDI messages there...
Studio One Professional 3.3 | VST 2.4/3| Windows 10 x64 Home Premium

Well, this is pretty much impossible, because the plugins cannot know how and in which order they will be processed by the host. If you for example have multiple tracks, the plugin on each of the and send the MIDI to just one, you just cannot know that the one will be processing first and others will follow. In fact it most likely won't happen. And as a result they would be out of sync. When performing rendering it can be even worse - the host can render each track separately, which as a result would make the MIDI sent only to the track that actually received them anyways.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thank you very much for answering. However don't you think button like "MIDI Listen" would solve the problem?
Studio One Professional 3.3 | VST 2.4/3| Windows 10 x64 Home Premium

It's not a question about GUI, it's just technically impossible. Sure, realtime it would work (not in sync though), but if you'd record the MIDI, it might not.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”