Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

starflakeprj wrote:While rendering a single image, it can be distributed over multiple cores. One note, and the following effect chain should also be possible. But again, I'm no developer
Because rendering a frame like that parallelises the same algorithms across multiple cores, without any time-dependent constraints (its done when its done) or interdependence, where audio processing of a single voice needs sequentiality of differing algorithms that need to be completed within a guaranteed timeframe.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:While rendering a single image, it can be distributed over multiple cores. One note, and the following effect chain should also be possible. But again, I'm no developer
Because rendering a frame like that parallelises the same algorithms across multiple cores, without any time-dependent constraints (its done when its done) or interdependence, where audio processing of a single voice needs sequentiality of differing algorithms that need to be completed within a guaranteed timeframe.
Aah, of course, thanks! Didn't think of the timing (I'm stupid, yes! :))
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

There is an update for Softube Modular...are this guys serious???!!! WTF???!!!
Now i need to install Gobbler just to update the Modular the only ST plugin
i own and don't use? Anybody want a cheap SofTube Modular?
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

You can still bypass Gobbler by downloading directly from Softtube (you need to be logged in):

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=mydownloads

You can still bypass Gobbler by downloading directly from Softtube (you need to be logged in):

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=mydownloads

don't need to install any gobbler, just log in.
a step better than the 1.6GB installers they've been inflicting on us, at least.
now Macbook trackpad SCROLL SUPPORT for knobs and faders please!!!!
and a patch browser, damnit
really the least they could do is stick a SAVE and LOAD button on the GUI somewhere that deals with FXP files.
these elitist idiot companies i swear

sqigls wrote:don't need to install any gobbler, just log in.
a step better than the 1.6GB installers they've been inflicting on us, at least.
now Macbook trackpad SCROLL SUPPORT for knobs and faders please!!!!
and a patch browser, damnit
really the least they could do is stick a SAVE and LOAD button on the GUI somewhere that deals with FXP files.
these elitist idiot companies i swear
Can't agree more. No internal browser has given me more support headaches than selling this library has been worth. It got to the point where I had to put a whole paragraph warning in big red letters to test to make sure their DAW can load fxp files.

Thank You Everyone!
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Just waiting for easy to setup polyphony and MIDI control.
Also click and drag for moving around in the modules page and scroll wheel for changing parameters of modules.

pabloaldunate wrote:...and scroll wheel for changing parameters of modules.
PLEASE write to Softube and tell them this!
hopefully we can get them to add this soon!

This product's shortcomings have so far kept my accustomed synth lust well in check.

Two or three more modules to show they're serious about their product's longevity, three or four more much-requested features that should have been there from the start, and a 50%-off sale, including additional (overpriced) modules, and I'm there.

My guess is we're not getting there. Certainly not in 2017.

sqigls wrote:
pabloaldunate wrote:...and scroll wheel for changing parameters of modules.
PLEASE write to Softube and tell them this!
hopefully we can get them to add this soon!
I did write to them also for easy MIDI Learn and polyphony.
They are doing click and drag for the parameters and mouse wheel for moving around ,the other way around in my opinion is more intuitive. Like the Moog iPad Model 15 app two fingers to move around and one finger to change parameters.

Anybody interested on making changes to this synth should mail Softube. :hyper:

A better preset browser is required I really like the sound and usability. Anyone know if Modular is multi threaded?

as far as i understand, 'modular' and 'multi-threading' are mutually exclusive.

All the threads are evenly active while using Modular on it's own so it must be.

Return to “Instruments”