GS-201 goes 64bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tape Echo GS-201

GSi have updated their excellent GS-201 Space Echo clone to 64bit. I just downloaded it and entered my old serial and it's up and running in 64bit Live9.

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/default.asp

Thanks Guido :party:

Thanks for the headsup! Using the 32Bit version but it also got some optimization with the new update.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

GS-201apparently won't be available in 64 bits for Mac OS. However, the old 32 bit version works fine in a 64 bit environment, such as Logic X, with Sound Radix' 32 Lives.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Great ! It's a rather unexpected news, but it's a very good one :)
It seems that vintage delays are a trend now (with Repeater, OuterVerb and other somewhat similar recent offerings)... which i'm enjoying :D

Thanks for the headsup! :tu:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Although I have pre-ordered, and am looking forward to, the AudioThing Space Echo, I can't deny that I am very pleased for this plugin to have a new lease of life too. It is very good indeed.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I wonder if he'll update some his trumpet and keys plugins next :)

What (the fack) about Wat(the fack)Cat ?? :ud: :)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:What (the fack) about Wat(the fack)Cat ?? :ud: :)
Indeed. Soon maybe?

Oh just the Windows version :(

I wanted to buy it right away but it seems like the noise factor cannot be adjusted. I get all this "authentic" emulation stuff but I want to have a choice when it comes to how much noise I want in my music.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Then you don't want a real tape delay sound.

Tapehead wrote:...but I want to have a choice when it comes to how much noise I want in my music.
Select the cleanest tape, run it for a couple of seconds without anything sent into it, capture the noise profile with a "denoiser", reduce the noise with a denoiser.

I do this with WatKat all the time. There is one specific frequency that is really annoying, but a denoiser gets rid of that.

Also a "let's hope for WatKat x64" with a bigger UI.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

aMUSEd wrote:Oh just the Windows version :(
And from the wording on his site, I'm not sure there ever will appear on osx.

I'd been waiting years for this to come around, and it seems it won't happen now. It would be cause for some disappointment, were it not for the info that 'Dubmachines' will be released as vst/au. It seems to be way more flexible than the gs offering :shrug:

EvilDragon wrote:Then you don't want a real tape delay sound.
You're right. If I want something that is "real", then I should get something that is "real" - meaning the actual hardware. Anything else cannot be described as "real". It is a code. It is an emulation. It is a clone. It is a copy. I get that some "purists" like the authentic noise factor. Personally, I don't.

BTW I own a hardware unit of Roland RE-201 in a nearly perfect condition. By today's standards, it is super noisy - which is one of the reason I almost stopped using it about 10 years ago. However, it looks awesome in my studio.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Return to “Effects”