Bitwig won't recognise Panorama P6?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

First of all thank you so much for all the resources / tips and information on Bitwig here, it's been invaluable to start learning this DAW!

Planning to jump in when v2 is released, been playing around with the demo (El Capitan) for now, getting used to the workflow and how things work in general. However the panorama doesn't seem to ever auto/manually detect. Can only use it as a generic controller. Contacted nektar support last week and they gave me some instructions to follow (reset and re-install) but it hasn't worked. Still waiting on a follow up reply from them but maybe i can find help here as i suspect there are other panorama users.

Really wanted to experience the deep integration as it's one of the reasons i got the panorama. Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to make it work? Not quite living up to the seamless integration so far haha

thanks!

I've got a P1 and it works great in bitwig 1.3.15. make sure you install everything just like it says to in the Nektar manual. Sometimes there are issues if you don't install things in the correct order. Their support is pretty good too, id follow up with them and see if they can help

Lost count on how many times i've done the whole install routine... There isn't much to do though, with the firmware updated there's just a dmg to install. If i try manual, the list has all the Impacts, but no panorama. And it's showing up in the midi studio with the 4 ports (inst, rewire, etc)
I did follow up on Friday, but still waiting on a reply, maybe someone had the same problem and found a way to get it to work.

Did try it on the RC-2 update and not 1.3.15, will give that one a go. EDIT - Just tried it, same thing unfortunately

same thing here on all versions, shows up as p6 in controller section and keys play but no deeper integration. I think it worked the first time I installed but hasn't for a while so I've just been using (p6 piano) keys only

Hmm.. part of the reason i got the controller was that it could be used with Bitwig. Use PT for mixing and Ableton for beats (Both not fully supported) but looking to transition. Not a fan of the ableton sound engine at all. Hopefully nektar support will follow up..

I'll get a Logic or Reaper demo today to see if the panorama works. Not entirely sure wether it's a bitwig or nektar "problem" yet.
jimmydeer wrote:same thing here on all versions, shows up as p6 in controller section and keys play but no deeper integration. I think it worked the first time I installed but hasn't for a while so I've just been using (p6 piano) keys only
Do you mean in the Nektar menu under manual assignment or after you create a generic one? The drop down for me only shows impacts, but it does show up when creating a generic one. Only keys like you said though

DaniHel wrote:Lost count on how many times i've done the whole install routine... There isn't much to do though, with the firmware updated there's just a dmg to install. If i try manual, the list has all the Impacts, but no panorama. And it's showing up in the midi studio with the 4 ports (inst, rewire, etc)
I did follow up on Friday, but still waiting on a reply, maybe someone had the same problem and found a way to get it to work.

Did try it on the RC-2 update and not 1.3.15, will give that one a go. EDIT - Just tried it, same thing unfortunately
EDIT: I just realized you meant if you try manual controller install, not the manual. I'll leave my post up but I don't think it applies to you, sorry. The only thing I would say is make sure you are using the Nektar uninstall before you try to reinstall. I've had issues with trying to install multiple times before.
I don't think you're looking at the correct manual. If you go to http://www.nektartech.com sign into your account, and go to the "My Downloads" section, it should have a spot to download the Panorama integration files and the Panorama manual. If you don't see that you probably need to register your P6 on their website, then the downloads will show up. The manual that I have is specific to my P1, its called "Panorama - Bitwig Studio Installation & User Guide v1.5.pdf"

Yeah, panorama is registered in the website, downloaded all the appropriate files. When following nektar's e-mail instructions i re-downloaded everything again.

Hmm, so it didn't work but you got it working, are you on El Capitan and/or above?

Think i was thorough in the uninstall, used nektar's uninstallers, ccleaner for bitwig, disk utility and reset. But i'll have another look and see if there's more file purging to be done.
It's bit heartbreaking, the controller has been sitting there, all deep integrationless since last week. Wouldn't want to jump into v2 and not work there. Tried both the macbook pro usb ports and the powered usb hub but didn't seem to make a difference. Some users seemed to have to use the same one.

Still waiting on netkar support response

ah dang, i'm sorry to hear that. Yeah I'm using a P1 on Bitwig 1.3.15 on MacOS 10.11.6 and it works like a dream.

If you go into your documents folder, where the Bitwig scripts are stored, do you see the P6 script there?

That's funny, nektar responded with exactly the same question as you hah.

But yea, just noticed, it's empty, the install doesn't put it there. They said it could be a permissions issue, but didn't elaborate on how to fix it. Permissions reset on the folder? If it's a matter of dropping it there maybe someone can send the file.

Checked out the installer and the script is there, it's just not being added to the folder for some reason.. Would a panorama user be kind enough to send the file? Assume it's just a matter of putting it there. Looked for the file online but no luck

EDIT - Realised i could just use pacifist to pull the files out and manually added them to the folder. Automatic detection didn't work but it finally showed up in the manual dropdown menu! So everything is connected, time to learn :)

Thanks for the replies!

Is your problem solved now?

Maybe you are like me having USB power drop-outs causing the Script to freakout.
Using a reliable powered USB-Hub fixed the issue totally.

Also to know
Yosemite (and below) and El capitan (and above) need different firmwares and install packages to communicate with the Panorama. I'm switching beetween two systems so I must reprogram the firmware accordingly everytime.

Hope this helps

Return to “Bitwig”