Slides with pitch bend

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have EVOLUTION STRAWBERRY and at first I did not understand how to make slides, so I did a test by linking a series of notes in legato to see if I could simulate a slide in this way.

the result was not bad but I finally figured out how to make the slides with STAWBERRY, only it's not super convenient especially if we want to do specific things like easily control the duration of the slide.

so I was wondering if not more simple and effective to control the slides with the pitch bend for greater precision.

I have seen lately that they had the same idea on the MODO BASS of IK MULTIMEDIA plugin and it seems very easy to use.

When the same thing in the EVOLUTION's plugins?

Pitch bend is really for vibrato and nothing more - slides would sound too fake with it.

Map Velocity Slide articulation to sustain pedal, then you can decide how long the slide will last using the velocity of the note you're sliding to. Simples.

We made slides controlled with the pitch bend back in the 2010 version of the Evolution guitar engine. Ultimately we ended up reverting to the standard approach of using overlapping notes to create a slide for several reasons:

- If you need to use both bends and a slide, it necessitates the extra step of switching between modes. Plus, you can't slide upward or downward and then play a bend.

- With larger slides, it gets difficult to aim for a specific note.

- While I like how easy it made sliding entire chords, people weren't really used to using the pitch wheel for playing slides.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”