New Synths For 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
4damind wrote:
ErikH wrote:2017 will be very disappointing for collectioners I guess. Because nothing spectacular will happen and they will be forced to start making music.
:hihi: No good times for hunters and collectors^^
Or sound designers.
Because...one need a new synth to design sounds?? :dog:
Um, yeah? LOL
:lol:

To be fair, you're surely more likely to sell a soundset for a new synth, because people like new and shiny. But, still no reason not to make more than one soundset for a synth.

waltercruz wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:XILS-5

(merging two XILS-4 !)
lol, awesome.

bought XILS-4 on the NI 50% sale. It's an awesome synth, but doesn't inspires me :scared:
XILS-5 is a joke of course, and this picture too.
:wink:

It is true that XILS-4 is not really an "inspiring" synth for the performance playing. XILS-3 fits better for that purpose. I love XILS-4 because I almost consider it as a "laboratory synth"... an instrument which is so much complex (while essentially using the subtractive synthesis) that it seems actually focused on the research activity. I don't think that it is very used by house or dance music composers. My music is much more focused on New age and "Berlin school" styles and a bit on "experimental electro-acoustic", with spending of hours and hours of experiments just to reach a sound. And for that kind of activity (for example) it is a true gem. What can be done with this synth which is totally out of the common paths is results having no real links to the more common synths made for dance and house music. But in fact it was already the case with the original EMS synths in the 70's.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

chk071 wrote:To be fair, you're surely more likely to sell a soundset for a new synth, because people like new and shiny. But, still no reason not to make more than one soundset for a synth.
Totally agree.

For example I love ALL the soundsets made by Vintage Synth Pads for TAL-U-NO-LX (5 or 6 soundsets now), they all are totally different.

Another example, I love also ALL the soundsets (12 at this days if I don't do a mistake) made by Nori Ubukata for Synthmaster 2, they again are all totally different.

The same for all the soundsets made for AAS Ultra-Analog (about 15 if I'm not mistaken), all those made for Discovery Pro (about the same), all those made for FM8 (plethora), all those made for VirtualCZ (about a dozen if not more), all those made for XILS PolyKB, especially the four soundsets from Julian Ray and those from Lotuzia.

I love a lot also some soundsets which are still made nowadays for old synths like Polysix, for example.

It shows how much a synth, even beginning to have a certain age, can remain a huge source of inspiration.

I make my own presets, of course, but I like a lot to see the work made by others, because it can be very often a good opportunity to keep on learning some tricks and tips using particularities of this or that synth.
:)

As tells Laurent (Lotuzia) on his website "Le Lotus Bleu", making a new soundset can be sometimes as to create a new synth. It depends only the imagination of the designer and his will to extract all the resources from a synth by exploring less traveled paths.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

4damind wrote:
ErikH wrote:2017 will be very disappointing for collectioners I guess. Because nothing spectacular will happen and they will be forced to start making music.

Oh come on! Look at all the great synths that couldn't be predicted at the start of the year:

- Wiggle
- Arcsyn
- Carbon Electra
- Rapid

To name a few. So you can never know whether a year will be 'disappointing' or not!

My crystal ball tells me:

Zebra 2.8
Synthmaster 3
Dune 3
Curve 3
Rapid 1.1 (new and improved!)
Cycle 2 ;) (no just kidding!) :hihi:

layzer wrote:just use synths that can be skinned. when you make a new skin for it, its like
you picked up a new one. OXE, for example... i'm renewing my love for it since i did this new skin for it.:
saves you loads of cash when GAS hits. :wink:
oxelz.jpg
or charlatan:
char.jpg
well this one isn't easily skinned but if you know how.....

Wow, that looks great, Layzer! Esp. the Charlatan one! :hail:

Any chance ... ?

zxant wrote:
4damind wrote:

Oh come on! Look at all the great synths that couldn't be predicted at the start of the year:

- Wiggle
- Arcsyn
- Carbon Electra
- Rapid

To name a few. So you can never know whether a year will be 'disappointing' or not!

My crystal ball tells me:

Zebra 2.8
Synthmaster 3
Dune 3
Curve 3
Rapid 1.1 (new and improved!)
Cycle 2 ;) (no just kidding!) :hihi:

Cycle 2 is on my buy list. Not kidding! :D
I hope they improve the work flow.
http://www.amaranthaudio.com/products/cycle/

Is Kaleidoscope 2 a possibility this year or for that matter any year? :roll:
http://www.2caudio.com/products/kaleidoscope#_overview

ANA 2 could be interesting. It's a new dev, so anything's possible.

Well Halion 6 already came out in 2017 so thats already a big one.

I would like to see Synplant 2 and Omnisphere 2.5 as both will have very useful additions I'm sure.

Do t know what else someone could want besides what's already out there!

Maybe AAS Tassman 5 will show up this year ?

chk071 wrote:To be fair, you're surely more likely to sell a soundset for a new synth, because people like new and shiny. But, still no reason not to make more than one soundset for a synth.

There are only half a dozen sounds people use and they come with the softy. Blows my mind how kids keep buying the same sound sets over and over again. Guess there really is a new sucker born every day though.

Muziksculp wrote:Maybe AAS Tassman 5 will show up this year ?
I think we have a better chance seeing unicorns in the sky over Newark, NJ.

wagtunes wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Maybe AAS Tassman 5 will show up this year ?
I think we have a better chance seeing unicorns in the sky over Newark, NJ.
:hihi: I think so too.

Dasheesh wrote:

There are only half a dozen sounds people use and they come with the softy. Blows my mind how kids keep buying the same sound sets over and over again. Guess there really is a new sucker born every day though.

Talking about EDM, maybe? :P ;)

I have DIVA.
Why TF would I care what comes out in 2017?

Unless it's an upgrade of DIVA.

It is indisputably the best synthesizer ever made.

Opinions are facts now. So there.

Return to “Instruments”