The best DAW software apps in the world 2017

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No suprises that FL Studio still tops the list

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/ ... day-238905

Good for Cubase, it started getting the love he deserves, not surprised with FL and Live, Bitwig is quite far away.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I would appreciate a list like this if it were worded more like:

"A list of the top 20 DAW software apps being used today*."

*based on a recent poll we conducted and presented in no particular order"

The amount of votes a DAW receives in a poll like this is irrelevant. It can be used to establish the 20 DAWs their readers/visitors are using the most - that's about it. "Best" is not the Best choice of words.

L

This is mean, noone posted a link to the poll here. Now they voted without utilizing my vote. Therefor, it is an invalid result. Especially as none of my DAW's have been voted the bestest. Shame on Music Radar.

and what a surprise
Best DAW Software: Apple Logic Pro X
http://www.sosawards.com/2017-winners/
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Polls are rigged to favor you buying things they have an overwhelming surplus in. :ud:

Maybe, all the usual suspects are in the house.

The DAW in the list with the shortest release history is Bitwig. Otherwise they are all 10-15 years old now.

I think it's funny. This is the fourth year I've followed this poll, and every year, Ableton Live and FL Studio swap places. Next year, it's Live's turn again. :hihi:

Are we going to discuss that this is just popularity contest by their readers on several pages this time too or we already learned that from past experience?

Yeah, see you on 7th page with cat pics. :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:Are we going to discuss that this is just popularity contest by their readers on several pages this time too or we already learned that from past experience?
As another year passes by it goes to show that users have become rather conservative, for devs it goes to show that it will take a lot of effort to get users to change their DAW

Numanoid wrote:
Zexila wrote:Are we going to discuss that this is just popularity contest by their readers on several pages this time too or we already learned that from past experience?
But it goes to show that users have become rather conservative, for devs it goes to show that it will take a lot of effort to get users to change their DAW
It's hard to say, but based on my own DAW hunt, agree that devs. should put more effort for sure. :tu:

I think it is still mean that they don't vote my DAW on first place. :(

chk071 wrote:
I think it is still mean that they don't vote my DAW on first place. :(
Next year. Image

Thanks man... i hope for the best. How am i supposed to use my DAW if it's not the bestest in the world. :P

Well, the responders are limited to 1) people who read MusicRadar, and; 2) people who click on polls, and; 3) people who fill in polls.

Not exactly the working DAW user community.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”