Stuttter, reverse, mangle plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I never used some of the stuttter, reverse, mangle plugins like Grossbeat, MRhythmizer and or TimeShaper.
Whats you favorites and why? Did I miss some plugin whit similar usage? I would like to reverse and scratch audio on the fly, so which should I test. Windows 64bit is needed.

TIA
rabbit in a hole

I like AD Replicant & BigSeq2 as well as those you mentioned. I use SugarBytes Looperator & Egoist, Klanghelm Kuvert too. For free there's Beatfkr and Brighton Art Coldcutter, and ndc make some good glitchy stuff like fragmental. K-Devices di some good stuff for m4l ...

Izotope stutter edit is nice, can be played like an instrument.

Sugar Bytes Effectrix. Easy to use with great results.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Klanghelm Kuvert too.
Do you prefer that to Klevgränd's version? :P

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Klanghelm Kuvert too.
Do you prefer that to Klevgränd's version? :P
:oops:

If you really want something chaotic the Audio Damages Automaton is hard to beat:

https://audiodamage.com/products/ad020-automaton

It has a fairly 'normal' step seq mode too so controllable/repeatable glitching is possible too (as well as the batshit crazy life modes... :)).

VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

Backwards Machine by The Sound Guy is a cool real time audio reverser plugin.

Shaper Box
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

You should definitely check out Sequent from Loomer: http://www.loomer.co.uk/sequent.htm

Rock solid and compared to its usability very easy to use.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Stutter Edit is pretty much unparalleled for this kind of thing IMO. They tend to blow it out for $29 if you wait for a sale.

The most practical, usable, and polished sound in my experience (and what most popular among EDM producers):

Effectrix - really popular and usable
Glitch 2 - solid and proven since Glitch1
StutterEdit - new and highly developed with a ton of options.

If I was to invest in anything...I would choose Effectrix first, then Glitch2, then StutterEdit. The others mentioned are also good but what you can do in those, you can do by owning all of the these mentioned. Each one is slightly different with StutterEdit being the most elaborate with an extensive effect presets library.

What you want is simplicity and results, which is why I ordered these 3 the way I did. This is just my opinion. I highly suggest you demo all of them first.

Wait for the sales. Effectrix goes on sale for $29 (i think) randomly. Glitch 2 goes on sale during Xmas for 50% off and maybe during the summer...I forget. StutterEdit goes for $50 with 4 expansion pack sometimes. Or you can just wait for a license to drop in the classifieds section.

I would suggest getting any of them when they become available as they all will give you great results. As I mentioned, they are the most popular now.

:phew:

Good luck!
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Turnado is another one to consider. Very "hands on". Similar sonically to Effectrix.

Return to “Effects”