Rob Papen Predator 2 will coming on 25 November :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Predator 3

Is PredatorFX not included with Predator2 ?

After installing I find Predator2, but no Predator2FX in my plugin folder.

https://www.robpapen.com/predatorfx.html

Numanoid wrote:Is PredatorFX not included with Predator2 ?

After installing I find Predator2, but no Predator2FX in my plugin folder.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.robpapen.com/predatorfx.html</span>
There's no separate Predator 2 FX plugin, but "... "if you buy Predator 2 you also can install the original Predator!" which includes FX unit.

https://www.robpapen.com/predator.html

SHall1000 wrote:I'm miffed. Tried to upgrade from Predator 1 to 2 but can't because I gave up my P1 license to upgrade to Explorer 4 bundle. I can upgrade to Explorer 4 for £25 more - but all I get extra is a promise of an upgrade to RP Verb sometime this year (look how late Predator 2 was) and no indication what might the upgrade might include.

Call me a skinflint for the sake of 25 quid but think I'll have to pass on principal.
Hey! I'm with you on this one... I would like to update to Predator 2 but don't feel it's fair to pay the extra 25 for an update that's coming in the autumn. I opened a ticket on the site weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.
Mr Papen if you are listening... could you change your mind and let us update our Explorer bundles for the same price as the Predator upgrade?

kelvyn wrote:
SHall1000 wrote:I'm miffed. Tried to upgrade from Predator 1 to 2 but can't because I gave up my P1 license to upgrade to Explorer 4 bundle. I can upgrade to Explorer 4 for £25 more - but all I get extra is a promise of an upgrade to RP Verb sometime this year (look how late Predator 2 was) and no indication what might the upgrade might include.

Call me a skinflint for the sake of 25 quid but think I'll have to pass on principal.
Hey! I'm with you on this one... I would like to update to Predator 2 but don't feel it's fair to pay the extra 25 for an update that's coming in the autumn. I opened a ticket on the site weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.
Mr Papen if you are listening... could you change your mind and let us update our Explorer bundles for the same price as the Predator upgrade?
beware if you upgrade to explorer 4 , and you decide later to sell it , you will be stuck with NFR plugins (the one you own before the upgrade)

Hey hivkorn... thanks for the heads up
I have Explorer 3 already so I'm looking to upgrade to 4. Just feel it's a little strange to have to pay now for what's coming later in the year by also paying 25 more than those updating from Predator for what is essentially the same deal.

I upgraded exp 3 to 4 when it was released, and i don't mind. Support is great, and predator got quickly an update with white skin and OSC waveform display/osc output display. +Another update is on its way for Predator 2, the bigger window for waveform editing + new features.

kelvyn wrote:Hey hivkorn... thanks for the heads up
I have Explorer 3 already so I'm looking to upgrade to 4. Just feel it's a little strange to have to pay now for what's coming later in the year by also paying 25 more than those updating from Predator for what is essentially the same deal.
Honnestly , i will not paid for another verb...after , I own predator in the past , i was pretty good , but i don't know if predator2 is really different...

According to Rob Papen newsletter today, it is updated with new skins :hyper:

This new version is nice, but i still waiting for the other feqature they promised - the bigger wavetable editor with extra functions...

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I'm not seeing the new skins?

I haven't got round to installing the update yet, but this is what is stated in the newsletter today:
log-in to robpapen.com and visit ‘My Products’. Open the download page below your Predator 2 registration and download the latest installer. Run this installer and all new features will pop up the next time you start up Predator 2.
It is now also NKS compatible, a bonus for the Komplete Kontrol owners.

Is there any history of sales for the Explorer upgrades? if so I may hang on...... or wait for Explorer 5.

simmo75 wrote:I'm not seeing the new skins?
Neither am I. Neither of the White and Large buttons work. Clicking them does nothing. Meh.

I'm also wondering why is this the only plug-in installer I've ever encountered requiring a reboot?
On a number of Macs

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”