The best DAW software apps in the world 2017

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zexila wrote:Are we going to discuss that this is just popularity contest by their readers on several pages this time too or we already learned that from past experience?

Yeah, see you on 7th page with cat pics. :hihi:
Or that people are out of touch because a certain "in charge" person won't allow them ;)

spigmu wrote:Well, the responders are limited to 1) people who read MusicRadar, and; 2) people who click on polls, and; 3) people who fill in polls.

Not exactly the working DAW user community.
For any poll only a representative sample is needed to be able to predict a result.

Do you think there is a silent majority of ACID users out there?

At the end no list ever changed what I think is MY best or prefered DAW, tool, synth etc. :shrug:

Cinebient wrote:At the end no list ever changed what I think is MY best or prefered DAW
Lifetime free upgrades has been the determining factor for me.

There are enough flaws in FL Studio, but not having to cough up €100+ every two years to stay upgraded is important for my wallet.

I change my list everyday, it's the civilized thing to do.

The funny part about that poll is that Nuendo, which is quite literally "Cubase ++" is less "bestest" than Cubase. :hihi:

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:My DAW isn't number 1 here. Now I have to come up with arguments that show the invalidity of this list. And because this is important, I will also have to search other lists and post links to the ones that have my DAW on the top spot. This will PROVE the superiority of my DAW!

See you later.
You do that (takes ball and goes out door) ...

Wait, we both use the same one right now ... will you ever forgive me (until I switch again and then we can be enemies ?????? ) :hyper:

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:hihi:

Those Russians again ... :wink:

Reaper ( I wouldn't call DAW apps-they are real applications made by serious experts for serious users)

If Logic was cross-platform, it would probably have won easily. The updates to LPX have been impressive, and free.
You just gotta buy their hardware to get it. Swines.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

"Best DAW" depends on what kind of music you're making and how you work, there's no way to make a general ranking.

Bombadil wrote:If Logic was cross-platform, it would probably have won easily. The updates to LPX have been impressive, and free.
You just gotta buy their hardware to get it. Swines.
Logic as cross platform would probably cost way more and still use dongle, so probably FL and Live would still beat it up in this game no matter what, big majority of this voters are youngsters and probably plenty of them are avid warez users. Both companies are acknowledging that piracy made them what they are today, so it's hard to beat them up in that game, unless you make Logic cross platform and use no copy protection like now. :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”