Black Rooster Audio releases FREE AMP PLUG-IN Cypress TT-15

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So basically a MD421 HC@80Hz, slightly "off axis" (rotated) directed at the cap, or are we talking Cap-Edge?

The Orange PPC212 is fitted with Celestion Vintage 30 Speaker, running in 16Ohm and save for up to 120W...
https://orangeamps.com/products/guitar- ... ck/ppc212/

You should add that piece of info to the manual.

Still sounds a bit "thin" though - then again, other Celestion's I tried with your amp did so as well (which is why I ultimately set for the Suhr Badger 2x12” OB Warehouse Veteran30 in TwoNotes Torpedo WoS - slightly "overloaded" it generates insane lowend)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

sqigls wrote:when i start Cubase, the reg box appears twice.
I've already tried online activation a billion times, no go.
Went through the offline activation twice, now I'm just gonna uninstall, I'm not having a future project compromised by this type of shenanigans. I only installed Cypress and Canary by the way.
Can sadly confirm this... though for me it only happened with Canary so far.
C/R prompt pops up every other day or so. I don't know what triggers this.

Cubase 7.5.40 x64
on Windows 7 Pro SP1

And I'd like to reiterate my question:
Compyfox wrote:So basically a MD421 HC@80Hz, slightly "off axis" (rotated) directed at the cap, or are we talking Cap-Edge?
On more tests with Celestion V30's (got to love Torpedo WoS-III), I realized it must be the mic at the Edge Position, rotated. On cap position, it's too thinned out.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
sqigls wrote:when i start Cubase, the reg box appears twice.
I've already tried online activation a billion times, no go.
Went through the offline activation twice, now I'm just gonna uninstall, I'm not having a future project compromised by this type of shenanigans. I only installed Cypress and Canary by the way.
Can sadly confirm this... though for me it only happened with Canary so far.
C/R prompt pops up every other day or so. I don't know what triggers this.
Try running your DAW (just the once) as Administrator then input the offline code - I was having the same problem with Cypress and Tracktion and this fixed it.

My UAC is off, all my user accounts have admin rights...

So that might not be "it"

Try it anyway since according to this thread, your DAW's privileges won't be promoted to admin unless you run the application as admin irrespective of whether UAC is enabled or not.

https://superuser.com/questions/64777/d ... uac-is-off

Again, my Win7 user accounts have admin rights, there is no need for me to "run as admin". The UAC was just a bonus annoyance

But thanks anyway

You're missing the point - even if you have an admin account your DAW may not request administrative privileges when you run it (as much of my software doesn't even with UAC enabled) - for some reason, wherever Cypress is writing its registration data to, it seems to need elevated privileges (not that I approve of this practice, that's what AppData's for).

Did I mention already that all my user accounts are admin accounts? I guess I did...

Either way, since now two people can confirm this issue, the devs should take a closer look what's going on, "elevated user rights on the OS or not"

Compyfox wrote:Did I mention already that all my user accounts are admin accounts? I guess I did...
Admin account does not mean, that everything you do, you do as an admin.
Admin accounts only entitle you to run programs with administrative rights, but you still have to tell windows to specifically run a program as admin first. (either momentarily by right-clicking on the icon and choosing "run as administrator" or permanently [right-click -> properties -> compatibility ->Run as administrator] ) :tu:

krabbencutter wrote:
Compyfox wrote:Did I mention already that all my user accounts are admin accounts? I guess I did...
Admin accounts only entitle you to run programs with administrative rights, but you still have to tell windows to specifically run a program as admin first. (either momentarily by right-clicking on the icon and choosing "run as administrator" or permanently [right-click -> properties -> compatibility ->Run as administrator] ) :tu:
+1

krabbencutter wrote:
Another +1 for the patience, I would have given up.

krabbencutter wrote:
Big +1.

We have to run stuff as admin all the time at work despite having admin rights.

Checking it out. Free's a great price, thanks. Didn't mind registering, doesn't seem invasive.

To put your folk's mind at ease... I did "force" Cubase into "run as admin" and ran the authorization again...

So far, only sporadic pop-ups. I expect another "reminder to activate" tomorrow (new day). And if that's happening again - then this is really, really annoying and needs to be fixed. From the xyz amount of C/R tools I have on my HDD, this one doesn't want stay registered even with "forced god mode".

:dog:

Compyfox wrote:To put your folk's mind at ease... I did "force" Cubase into "run as admin" and ran the authorization again...

So far, only sporadic pop-ups. I expect another "reminder to activate" tomorrow (new day). And if that's happening again - then this is really, really annoying and needs to be fixed. From the xyz amount of C/R tools I have on my HDD, this one doesn't want stay registered even with "forced god mode".

:dog:
I see how this could be annoying. Clearly an oversight from the developer.

In the meantime, while you're waiting for an update, you could set up Cubase to run with admin privileges every time you start it. Right click and activate "Run this program as an administrator" in the Properties>Compatibility tab.

There's one more solution, but it's too complicated and not worth the effort.

Return to “Effects”