Cogito's Theme (early part of a game soundtrack project)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing a modest video game, and also writing music for it. I wanted to share this track, which is projected to be one of its main themes. Any comments/critiques that you might have would be most welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/davidstiles/cogitos-theme

Nice one. Very filmic and feelgood'ish (atleast the first half).
Like how it changes mood over time.

Good job, all sounds fine. Maybe some instruments sounded a tiny bit "dry" in my ears.
But that could be my personal taste only.

Lots of great music here David. Lovely melodies and harmony.

Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks, kloon and Allomerus! Glad you enjoyed it!

I know what you mean, kloon, about the dryness of some of the instruments (I'm guessing you mean the solo winds). Some other people have noticed that, too. I'll have to revisit the mix for some adjustments.

top production, love the searing strings on this. the mix is spot on to my ears, dynamic and crystal clear!
i would enjoy this playing in some kind of adventure game. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

davidstiles wrote:Thanks, kloon and Allomerus! Glad you enjoyed it!

I know what you mean, kloon, about the dryness of some of the instruments (I'm guessing you mean the solo winds). Some other people have noticed that, too. I'll have to revisit the mix for some adjustments.
so caught up in those strings, the winds went by unnoticed of their dryness, :lol:
yeah, perhaps a tad :wink:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Lush production, great composition. Wow.
Just because it's insane doesn't mean it's a bad idea.
------------------------
Before visiting my Youtube channel or Soundcloud, make sure your affairs are in order. You just never know.

Thanks, layzer and zippy731! Glad you enjoyed it.

The first time I played this, I thought that the piano sound was a little "thin/lightweight", but, after a couple more listens I'm not so sure. As it's a "statement" piece introducing a character/place, it may be ok as it is. I didn't mind the sound of the winds and the strings sounded great. Lovely composition, which will be a boon later on when you need to reintroduce the theme.

Good work :)

It's great!
Can you tell more about the game you working on?

Very nice piece of work, I really like the melody and how mellow the track sounds throughout the whole mix. Very adventurish in my opinion. Also good mixing, as layzer said, dynamic and crystal clear.

Keep it on.

this is very professional and beautiful and very pleasant overall :)

The violins/strings sound like a hollywood romantic drama in the 60's

Lovely and serene, very nice! Sets the tone for a peaceful, bucolic scenery, with just a hint of adventure on the horizon. And hey, pizzicato strings always get me. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

Very nice work! The piano and strings sound great. Some of the other instruments possibly don't have quite the sample quality and clarity to my ear or it's the mix. But it's probably fine.

Enjoyable theme... beautiful melody and arrangement.

Return to “Music Cafe”