VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Sampleconstruct wrote:
ansolas wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
ansolas wrote:The ability to switch the modulation from unipolar to bi-polar would be a nice feature
That's already possible in the LFO section. Mod envelopes are unipolar by design (but if you edit them correctly, you can make them have a bipolar effect), so are steppers.
Ahh nice , you refer to the offset no ?
which is very useful.
indeed, and the best is that its already in there yeah , I love those kinda' requests
:phones:
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

ansolas wrote: indeed, and the best is that its already in there yeah , I love those kinda' requests
:phones:
me too :D

Who needs the f**king manual when there are audio forums.

Tbh scolding people for not reading the manual end to end is lame. It takes 15 seconds to type a reply and help a guy out.

Anyway... is anyone else unable to change filter types on the EQ from right click on a point? I have to open the large editor to do it.

edit: Win 10/Ableton Live 9 x64/Cubase Pro 9

I bought it, best fun I've had since I bought my access virus B. :)

Just one thing that bugs me a little...

When I'm editing a sound with Avenger (I'm using Ableton suite latest on a mac) I like to hear the patch I'm working on in context to the song so that means leaving the avenger window to fire clips in Ableton.

However, If I was changing a parameter in the arp in Avenger, then go to Ableton and back to add a different arp mode for example, avenger resets to its default page and I have to go find the arp tab again.

Nothing major of course but just a little thing that throws me each time. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this its normal behaviour?

bmanic wrote:
msvs wrote:@bmanic

I understand what you meant already in your very first post. But still, it isnt *that* necessary, first because you should not have samples with such bad resonances (our factory doenst have), second, in most cases a normal EQ is enough; in mixing stage, if you want to lower at 80hz, you want to lower at 80hz no matter which notes are played. And third: a notch and the ANA peak filter would indeed work.

But to calm you down, I think the Shaper could be changed easily, to have a "non" distorting mode, just to use its EQs... I already added this to our "check for feasibility" list :)
Awesome to hear. If it's possible to make a non-distortion mode, then the feature is right there, already implemented.

As for the usefulness, I'm still going to stand firm on this. This is a feature that none of you actually understand properly (read: You haven't used that technique before), very much demonstrated by your EQ example above. As far as I know, it was first added to Camel Audio Alchemy. It's ridiculously useful. Granted, it's way more powerful in Alchemy simply due to the MODMAPPER system (where any modulation source can be precisely mapped to any value ranges) but even in Avenger it could be very powerful when used together with the mod envelope.

Also, my point about samples was just as an example of when the technique is used offline when you prepare sample libraries. If it was just a case of simple static EQ then all samples would be run through a batch process of that one EQ. Obviously this is not the case.

There are quite a few presets in the factory library that would immediately benefit from the technique. Playing around with the factory content is actually what prompted me to make the request.

It's most likely one of these features that if it ever catches on, people will be like "duh.. why didn't we think of it". It's such a neat way of adding another level of control or polish to sounds. Not to mention all the cool stuff you can do with a precise mod envelope and two EQ nodes that can do both positive and negative gain, and have their Q controlled. :wink:
Hi bmanic
I understand you 100%
I have made a lot of sound design for good old Alchemy, and i used the EQ in the oscillator menu all the time to tame different kinds of resonances, be it from a bad sample or to tame a filter.
About the great modmapper in Alchemy, does Avenger have the same posibility to shape the modulators?
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Two enhancement requests:
- Possibility to lock the arp(s) when browsing through presets
- Possibility to batch import wavetables/osc shapes

Do you think these two requests can be added to the probably big list Manuel?

no, locking the ARP is technically impossible, because of the open structure Avenger has. I already explained it somewhere in this thread:
assuming you load a preset with 3 oscs. You want to lock the ARP, which sits on OSC3. Now you open another preset, which only has 1 osc. No ARP3 exists there. Sample problem when you open a preset with 8 osc, each with its own arp. There is no logic possible.

Hmm... schade.
And the other request?

Hi theres some of my main suggestions for AVENGER:

- Midi Import and Export would be a nice Feature for the Arpeggiator
- Multi Drums Patterns (The posibility to create more different drums sequences at the same avenger instance, similar as we have in Arpeggiator)
- Posibility to save presets at the MOD MATRIX
- LFO preset save
- Drag and Drop OneShots samples
- Arpeggiator up do 32 instead 16 (good for trance melodies and making more space and saving time in automations)
- CPU Improve (still very CPU hungy)
- Fast Re-Load (after we load the plugin, would be nice if we could switch btw them faster)

Ty for the great work

Regards,
Regards,
Andre T.

andretolsen wrote:Hi theres some of my main suggestions for AVENGER:

- Arpeggiator up do 32 instead 16 (good for trance melodies and making more space and saving time in automations)
The arpeggiator already has 32 patterns. :hug:

Just bought it. Nice synth.
Last edited by pppppppppp on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please read ?

Are you serious ?

Ffs :dog:

andretolsen wrote:Hi theres some of my main suggestions for AVENGER:

Ty for the great work

Regards,
This forum for real ? :lol: :clap:

I want to Present you my new track "Dawning" every sound you hier is made with Avenger except the Piano and drums

https://soundcloud.com/djdeuni/deuni-fe ... ne-dawning

say me what you think about it ?

Return to “Instruments”