Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

epiphaneia wrote:However, the whole library with roughly 1.400 patches costs 219$ undiscounted.

Now the group buy kicks off with 1/20th of the package content at 1/3rd of the package price -> 73 patches for 73$.

Other group buys usually start at a low discount that increases with the nunber of participants and the worst that can happen is that one buys the product at a relatively modest discount instead of the super discount we always hope for. Plus, quite a few group buys have the option to cancel one's participation if the result does not meet one's expectations.

While I reckon that Mr. Bitley will make the participants happy after all and a bit of tension... that's the first group buy that actually means taking the risk of paying way too much for what one gets. Weird.

Now if, as I reckon, too many people wait for others to join in order to make the package more attractive, that'll result in a sorry deadlock.

Or am I missing something here? :borg:
That is a pretty good conclusion you did here. I too can't see how that will work out well (also what's more there is no counter how many already participate). It's really sad if it turn out that the GB fail since it's excellent stuff.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

:o Ho i just played a few minutes with KR-Fatter STR , it is a very good surprise for 9 $ !!!
Don't miss it ! It is a great deal!

Kinda bummed Kuassa didn't have a prez sale. Forgotten how good their stuff is (I have most of it in reason)

murnau wrote:
epiphaneia wrote:However, the whole library with roughly 1.400 patches costs 219$ undiscounted.

Now the group buy kicks off with 1/20th of the package content at 1/3rd of the package price -> 73 patches for 73$.

Other group buys usually start at a low discount that increases with the nunber of participants and the worst that can happen is that one buys the product at a relatively modest discount instead of the super discount we always hope for. Plus, quite a few group buys have the option to cancel one's participation if the result does not meet one's expectations.

While I reckon that Mr. Bitley will make the participants happy after all and a bit of tension... that's the first group buy that actually means taking the risk of paying way too much for what one gets. Weird.

Now if, as I reckon, too many people wait for others to join in order to make the package more attractive, that'll result in a sorry deadlock.

Or am I missing something here? :borg:
That is a pretty good conclusion you did here. I too can't see how that will work out well (also what's more there is no counter how many already participate). It's really sad if it turn out that the GB fail since it's excellent stuff.
fwiw, I contacted the developer, and that´s what he replied:
Too much math for me! ;) Simply put the more ppl joining in the more sounds will be there. It has to start somewhere. I could have started with another number of sounds but in the end it will be awesome! ;)
I, for one, won´t participate then, I´m not a gambler. If anyone takes the plunge, I´d be glad to read about the experience though.

Hi guys, thanks for the airtime in this excellent forum!

I was thinking it would be fun for people to get to know the library bit by bit as it can be very overwhelming to go through all of it if you're the kind of person who begins the journey into a new library by testing out "all" patches.

But I will add another zip with sounds asap since the opinions aired here points me in that direction.

One thing I absolutely won't do is to deliver something unsatisfying! :-)

Kudos,
Patrick

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net

Nice analysis, the math is simple. Here's what might actually make sense.

Assuming that there are exactly 1400 patches, offer 670 patches for $73. That's about 1/2 of the patches for 1/3 of the price. If the goal is to get 73 customers you now have 730 patches to divide up instead of the original approximately 1300 patches, so, just increase the number of customers to get to the next 73. That is, you add 73 patches for each increase of 7 or 8 new customers. Since you have 730 patches remaining, you can do this exactly 10 times giving you your goal of 70 to 80 new customers.

There you go, the initial deal is good value for people who are interested in your product and you maintain a constant increase in value for new participants up to your required goal.

hivkorn wrote: Jrrshop and their blue cat OSCILLOSCOPE 9$ + KR-Fatter 9 $ , at least you can't lose ;)
Already got the blue cat multi oscilloscope (will use it to study more about compressors). But I'm still on the fence about KR-Fatter.

hivkorn wrote::o Ho i just played a few minutes with KR-Fatter STR , it is a very good surprise for 9 $ !!!
Yep. Great deal.
I prefer the more subtle effects from it so far, I used a harmonic enhancer style patch to lift a piano sound, and was happy with the result...nice and bright without losing the body of the original.

hivkorn wrote::o Ho i just played a few minutes with KR-Fatter STR , it is a very good surprise for 9 $ !!!
So where is the link for this?

kitekrazy wrote: So where is the link for this?
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=262151&start=9794

Good that i decided tried demo before, strange, plugin even does not scanned by Studio one 3 at launch (win7 64), install two installer, as properly, well, 10 bucks preserved.
Though maybe such problem in demo version only, i dont know, not the essence.
KRSpace btw works properly for me, but at install there is issue too - after install need reset studioone blacklist, then krspace scanned. But this trick not works for fatter.

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if McDSP's Futbox will ever be on sale again?

I can't believe I spaced out the sale!

McDSP usually does either broad sales on everything 2-3 times per year.

musical wrote: The new low-latency second generation Scarlett drivers can be used with the first generation Scarletts up to and including the 2i4, which is bus powered and has a proper Midi interface. At 24/96 I am getting a mixing latency of 1.3ms and an ASIO roundtrip latency of 8.3ms on my i5-6440HQ laptop. Of course, you don't get 192kHz but the cost is half the price of the second generation 2i4 and who uses 192kHz? Just make sure you do not install the first generation drivers but download and install the drivers for the second generation Scarlett 2i4. Don't select 192kHz or you crash the drivers.

Hope this helps somebody.

Do you know if the new drivers work on the 6i6? Otherwise it might be worth getting a small 2i2 for travel.

Ah, nevermind. Found this - http://masters-of-music.com/1st-gen-foc ... r-latency/
Last edited by dzilizzi on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:McDSP usually does either broad sales on everything 2-3 times per year.
Thanks, Uncle E, for the info!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”