Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

zzz00m wrote:Do you need Synthmaster One if you already have 2.8, or would it be better to wait on version 3?
Naa... Bülent made it just for the fun, of course.
:hihi:

Seriously... is it a question to ask?
:pray:

:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Despite the unfortunately similar name, I get the impression that SM One is to SM2 what Hive is to Zebra.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Despite the unfortunately similar name, I get the impression that SM One is to SM2 what Hive is to Zebra.
Yep :D

The name father of the synth is Geary Yelton, he's a senior editor at Electronic Musician Magazine. At the 2016 NAMM Show we were chatting with him and I mentioned him about my plans for a "simpler" SynthMaster. I was gonna call it something like SynthMaster LE, but then he suggested SynthMaster One would be much better, and we said why not? :lol:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Or SynthSlave :hihi:

zzz00m wrote:Do you need Synthmaster One if you already have 2.8, or would it be better to wait on version 3?
Well if you wanna wait wait, but this synth has really simple workflow. also it's gonna work on the iPad / iPad Pro (they have different UI and those will be included among the desktop skins as well!)

Synthmaster One has stuff that doesnt exist in SM 2.8:

Wavetable synthesis
New waveforms library sampled from analog synths (not at single note, we sampled at every 3 semitones)
New wavetable library, mostly created using our internal wavetable editor.
New factory presets, we'll hopefuly release with 500 presets but that'll grow to 700-800 hopefuly by the end of the year.
Works at KV331 Audio

fluffy_little_something wrote:Or SynthSlave :hihi:
:lol:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Despite the unfortunately similar name, I get the impression that SM One is to SM2 what Hive is to Zebra.
I think that's actually a pretty good comparison.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Why are some parameters not available via the mouse wheel? Octave and Semitone for instance, while the number of Unison voices is.

It would also be nice if the keyboard arrow keys worked in the browser so that one can navigate presets without clicking. Especially down and up for next and previous preset, respectively.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starflakeprj wrote:
I think that's actually a pretty good comparison.
totally agree.

I like matamoris's suggestion of Synthmaster Wave. It kind of says what it does.

"Synthmaster & Son...purveyors of fine 'whine' and other sounds since......
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

fluffy_little_something wrote:Why are some parameters not available via the mouse wheel? Octave and Semitone for instance, while the number of Unison voices is.

It would also be nice if the keyboard arrow keys worked in the browser so that one can navigate presets without clicking. Especially down and up for next and previous preset, respectively.
Will check out octave/semi dropdowns. Up/down keys work for most daws
Works at KV331 Audio

knobs controls are all reversed on mac. sliders are fine.
lamest demo concept ever.

Just a suggestion and idea for improving workflow:

The Sub oscillator has the same dial for semitones and octaves, whereas the main oscillator has two windows for selecting octaves and semitones, and a fine dial. This can be a bit annoying sometimes, trying to dial in octaves. Solution: make the sub also have separate windows to select between semitones and octaves.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
Yes. It's a new synth, fills a gap of simple workflow, for producing simple basic sounds. Sounds amazing.
Thanks, I'll check out the demo. Not really looking for simple, but I do like amazing sounds :)
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”