Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dzilizzi wrote:
musical wrote: The new low-latency second generation Scarlett drivers can be used with the first generation Scarletts up to and including the 2i4, which is bus powered and has a proper Midi interface. At 24/96 I am getting a mixing latency of 1.3ms and an ASIO roundtrip latency of 8.3ms on my i5-6440HQ laptop. Of course, you don't get 192kHz but the cost is half the price of the second generation 2i4 and who uses 192kHz? Just make sure you do not install the first generation drivers but download and install the drivers for the second generation Scarlett 2i4. Don't select 192kHz or you crash the drivers.

Hope this helps somebody.

Do you know if the new drivers work on the 6i6? Otherwise it might be worth getting a small 2i2 for travel.
As far as I understand it, the new drivers only work up to the 2i4. That's what the support guys at Focusrite told me.

Focusrite has run out of the 1st generation 2i2 on its own (it was £84.99) but you can buy the 2i2 in the studio bundle with microphone, cable and headphones for £129.99. I might have bought a bundle if it was available for the 2i4 but it wasn't.

I really wanted bus-powered audio and full midi, hence why I went for the 2i4.

musical wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
musical wrote: The new low-latency second generation Scarlett drivers can be used with the first generation Scarletts up to and including the 2i4, which is bus powered and has a proper Midi interface. At 24/96 I am getting a mixing latency of 1.3ms and an ASIO roundtrip latency of 8.3ms on my i5-6440HQ laptop. Of course, you don't get 192kHz but the cost is half the price of the second generation 2i4 and who uses 192kHz? Just make sure you do not install the first generation drivers but download and install the drivers for the second generation Scarlett 2i4. Don't select 192kHz or you crash the drivers.

Hope this helps somebody.

Do you know if the new drivers work on the 6i6? Otherwise it might be worth getting a small 2i2 for travel.
As far as I understand it, the new drivers only work up to the 2i4. That's what the support guys at Focusrite told me.

Focusrite has run out of the 1st generation 2i2 on its own (it was £84.99) but you can buy the 2i2 in the studio bundle with microphone, cable and headphones for £129.99. I might have bought a bundle if it was available for the 2i4 but it wasn't.

I really wanted bus-powered audio and full midi, hence why I went for the 2i4.
Thanks! I get that. If I didn't have the 6i6, the 2i4 would be perfect. I actually was going between the two when I got it, but decided the 6i6 allowed for more growth.

Thank you all for valuable input. The group buy version of Fairlight Kontakt now starts out with over 650 patches. :-)

For a little perspective, the huge seller E-mu Proteus /1, a multi-timbral rack synth module, was preordered everywhere when it arrived in 1989. It was told to have just about the entire E-III library (from the $10,000 Emulator III sampler) and people lined up in order to get one. It had 190 patches. :-)

Anyway, welcome!

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net

Bitwig 8-track is free again with Beat Magazine 4-2017

http://www.falkemedia-shop.de/beat-04-2017-2765.html

So anybody looking for a cheaper way to upgrade to Bitwig 2, can take that route.

synthesite wrote:Thank you all for valuable input. The group buy version of Fairlight Kontakt now starts out with over 650 patches. :-)

For a little perspective, the huge seller E-mu Proteus /1, a multi-timbral rack synth module, was preordered everywhere when it arrived in 1989. It was told to have just about the entire E-III library (from the $10,000 Emulator III sampler) and people lined up in order to get one. It had 190 patches. :-)

Anyway, welcome!

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net
Props for listening to the community and changing your mind about how to do something, it's nice to see that. Good luck with your group buy.

MeldaProductions's MXXXcore at €50 in the eternal madness sale is a steal imo, and it's kind of weird that Melda don't seem to push what it can do without more spend on additional effects: https://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXXCore - (also audiodeluxe and pluginboutique)

The included "delay tap" and "filter" effects, and extensive modulation/macro mappings mean you can create complex delays. For example, just using the MXXXcore built in effects, I made a selectable 4 tap delay with feedback and filters, plus a master delay and an LFO driven master filter. I made an interface, but the real power is the crazy depth of under the hood tweaking available.

Plus MXXXcore is multi-band, so you could create different delays etc for different parts of the frequency spectrum.

Also, it comes with the "oscillator" effect, controllable via midi and with a full featured arpeggiator. That oscillator effect has tons of power, including an additive mode for creating patches using harmonics. You can use multiple oscillator effects, the filter and built in modulation sources (LFO+envelopes etc) to create really quite powerful synths.

Given the power, it's surprisingly easy to build these things - certainly more approachable than reaktor or max.

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by OneOfManyPauls on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Great post Paul. Thanks. Excellent recommendation. Like what you did there with it.

Thanks
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nevermind - I just used imgbb to thumbnail them.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:MeldaProductions's MXXXcore at €50 in the eternal madness sale is a steal imo, and it's kind of weird that Melda don't seem to push what it can do without more spend on additional effects: https://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXXCore - (also audiodeluxe and pluginboutique)

The included "delay tap" and "filter" effects, and extensive modulation/macro mappings mean you can create complex delays. For example, just using the MXXXcore built in effects, I made a selectable 4 tap delay with feedback and filters, plus a master delay and an LFO driven master filter. I made an interface, but the real power is the crazy depth of under the hood tweaking available.

Plus MXXXcore is multi-band, so you could create different delays etc for different parts of the frequency spectrum.

Also, it comes with the "oscillator" effect, controllable via midi and with a full featured arpeggiator. That oscillator effect has tons of power, including an additive mode for creating patches using harmonics. You can use multiple oscillator effects, the filter and built in modulation sources (LFO+envelopes etc) to create really quite powerful synths.

Given the power, it's surprisingly easy to build these things - certainly more approachable than reaktor or max.

Image Image Image Image

I have the full version of MXXX and love it. I know sometimes people give it flak for being too complicated but once you undertsand the workflow for modulating one effect, the workflow is pretty consistent across the rest of their range. I have never really liked their guis but absolutely love these custom skins.

http://www.satyatunes.com/web/skyblue.php

Can somebody please explain what additional functionality MXXXCore gives me if I have (for example) the Melda Creative Bundle? In other words, isn't it just a way of loading the Creative Bundle plugins into a rack format? If so, couldn't I just achieve the same effect by loading several of the Creative Bundle plugins into a single track of my DAW? Thanks!

The mxxx framework isn't a rack host for the standalone effects: owning the stand alone effects (not the free bundle) unlocks the equivalent effects in mxxx, but they're not exactly the same.

In addition to the way that you can construct the effects chains/matrices, you can use the modular effect to nest matrices, and you also get 8 channels of feedback that you can use in your constructions too.

You can quickly achieve things that would typically be more convoluted in a DAW eg multiband, mid/side processing etc,

The real power comes from the way you can use the 16 modulators (each assignable to LFO/envelope/follower etc) to control parameters throughout the matrix, and from using the 100 multiparameters (aka macro controls) - and use them to create a unified interface if you want.

So even if you only wanted to use one of the creative bundle equivalent effects, it would massively increase the modulation and control on offer.

Plus you get the power of the oscillator effect too, which is a nice bonus.

I bought mxxxcore+creative bundle to give me the tools I wanted - but I was blown away by what mxxxcore could do on its own.

For those who have or tried both how does Uvi Tines Anthology compare to Neo Soul Keys. I've been needing to get a good Rhodes instrument and I missed the VST buzz sale for NSK.

Numanoid wrote:For Fleer and the piano afficionados out there

50% off UVI Tines Anthology: Costing €/$64 until Feb 27

That is less than €/$ 13 per included lib.

https://www.uvi.net/tines-anthology.htm
Got it and love it, cheers Num.
Lots of tines in a small package thanks to UVI's exemplary lossless compression.
Neo-Soul Keys is also UVI and I would still prefer it as it sounds dirtier and livelier.
Mind you, Jamal from GospelMusicians is working on a new version, out this spring.

topaz wrote:Audiomodern Everything Bundle 85% Off

https://audioplugin.deals/?utm_source=L ... dium=email

AUDIOMODERN Everything Bundle
The Everything Bundle from AUDIOMODERN is a huge collection of 21 products comprising Kontakt Instruments, Sample Packs and Preset Packs. This versatile bundle is available at a staggering 84% discount until March 3rd. The combined value of the Kontakt instruments alone ($340) makes this deal a no-brainer. Don’t miss out!
These are some exquisitely sampled Kontakt instruments, particularly Paths, Modularps (1&2), Sync 1-3 and Abuser. Also love those Continuum patches for Massive. Stunning price indeed.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”