Video in MuLab?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
are there plans to implement synchronized video preview in some new upgrade/version of MuLab? It would make the software a very nice scoring tool as well ;)

Or maybe you can recommend some video plugin that nicely cooperates with MuLab?

Jorroman wrote:Hi,
are there plans to implement synchronized video preview in some new upgrade/version of MuLab? It would make the software a very nice scoring tool as well ;)

Or maybe you can recommend some video plugin that nicely cooperates with MuLab?
Hello!

It is easy to make videos in Mulab. I do it quite often. Here is the clue to follow:

http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... order.html

Then come back to the thread if you need deeper informations on how to proceed.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I think he meant playing videos from within the composition so you can edit the music towards the video. It's not yet planned on short term but who knows, one day, ... I can't give tips wrt VSTs that do it, though i know they exist. Anyone can give concrete tips?

Something in the kind of MediaVST, then ?

Sync with Video with MediaVST
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Yes, I mean importing a movie in order to have its preview.

Thank you, MediaVST seems to be a right thing and it's praised in the web.

I've downloaded it. However I'm having a problem: after importing an "avi" file I can only hear audio, not seeing any video (I guess it should be visible in plugin's window). Maybe you know how to fix it?

I don't know at all.

I even didn't know the product before making a search on the web to answer the question after Jo's remark "I think he meant playing videos from within the composition so you can edit the music towards the video."
:D

The way you describe the new issue (you get the audio but not the video), it seems to be now a problem of codec (in my very humble opinion).

You progress, you progress...
:party:

Works fine here! Audio and video. And I checked a few formats incl .avi.
I have no idea whaty version I use. My VST DLL was saved in Feb 2016 with a size of 181k. I once used a previous version from 2010 with which I had problems (81k size).

edit: I never edited/set any settings.

OK, so for you it just worked out of the box? You put "mediavst.dll" as VST instrument and it just loads any video, without any codecs etc? Can I ask, what OS do you have?

AndreasD wrote:Works fine here! Audio and video. And I checked a few formats incl .avi.
I have no idea whaty version I use. My VST DLL was saved in Feb 2016 with a size of 181k. I once used a previous version from 2010 with which I had problems (81k size).

edit: I never edited/set any settings.
So it seems to confirm that the last issue met by our new friend Jorroman is indeed simply a codec which is missing.

I would suggest Jorroman to install the famous "K-Lite Codec Pack" which is widely used throughout the world. The "Standard" edition is the most used. It is totally free... and it doesn't break anything among the codecs already installed. Generally this installation of the Standard edition of the K-Lite Codec Pack solves all the issues met almost everywhere.

Those who don't know this although famous pack can see the About page to learn better what it is.

And the K-Lite Codec Pack is updated periodically.

I agree.
It later occured to me that
- a VST with 181k size can not contain all the codecs
- I have VLC, MPC and K-Lite installed.

Thank you for help. Especially thanks to BlackWinny for suggestion - installing K-Lite codec made the thing work! :)

Very useful thread!
I wanted to ask for that, but Jorroman was faster. Thank you, BlackWinny! :-)

In case anyone needs it, here's a handy Windows ffmpeg script to turn anything into an AVI file (should preserve quality). Set the value for "ffmpeg" to the location of the ffmpeg.exe on your system and then save it somewhere.

Code: Select all

@echo off
set ffmpeg="D:\Program Files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe"
for %%f in (%*) do %ffmpeg% -hide_banner -threads auto -i "%%~sf" -q:a 0 -q:v 0 "%%~dpnf.avi"
pause
Then add a shortcut to the file to your {user}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo directory called something useful. You can then right-click, SendTo any (media) file and convert to something mediavst understands.

Return to “MUTOOLS”