MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

@Peter - IK Multimedia

Another question that i assume you and your team though about it one time or another :

- what would be the issue to implement fender precision or ANY fretless bass ?

xphen0m wrote:Hey Peter. I don't want to look silly, but I'm interested: Is there any potential update on the possibility of there being lower tuning options in MODO bass?
That's not silly at all! Low tuning is SRS BSNS as the kids say. Seriously, though, this is a feature request that has been put in front of the team so I'll add your vote to the tally.

Krakatau wrote:@Peter - IK Multimedia

Another question that i assume you and your team though about it one time or another :

- what would be the issue to implement fender precision or ANY fretless bass ?
Yes, this is technically plausible and is definitely in with the popular feature requests as well.

Now if we combine these two feature requests, things may get (pleasantly) weird. :)

Here is a new video, one of two we have of fantastic Italian keyboardist Manuele Montesanti playing MODO BASS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1NHHKkUjs

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: We also have a demonstration by Don Parker which is a good demonstration of a very realistic live performance using MODO BASS (from the stage in our room at NAMM 2017)
@5:12 "Footprints" ripoff? :hihi:

I still think the slap bass is missing a simple pull-legato (or whatever bass players call it) mechanism, and I didn't hear any obvious examples in the live demo, and to me was kinda missing (IMO). As I said some pages back, you can get kinda close by misusing the slide legato, a.k.a "Slide Legato Abuse".In any event, another fine example... um, so it helps to be pretty adapt with the ol' ivories then, I take it... :)

EDIT: let me clarify... the pull-off legato is there via keyswitch, but no easy way to latch it... if I could just remap sustain pedal to "ham. pull off" (C0) so I could effectively latch it and still be able to use two hands to play, I think that would be all I need. Of course, I could do that outside of MODO... but... well...

EDIT #2: actually, "ham. pull off" could be default legato for slap style, and also be able to set interval limit... but still options for remapping to pedal etc. With C0 you can do like a full octave hammer/pull... ok, not everybody is bill Sheehan, nor do they want to be... So yeah, maybe a little more flexibility with the legato smarts/config specifically for slap.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Anybody else having an issue with Modo bass individual strings going out of tune after playing with it for awhile? Upon loading again everything is again normal. At first I couldn't figure out what was causing the clashing, but upon running through the tuner, it appears to affect only a portion of the bass. I think I had different strings at different times going like 10 cents flat or sharp.

It's been acknowledged by multiple people on IK's forums.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

musicdoc wrote:Anybody else having an issue with Modo bass individual strings going out of tune after playing with it for awhile? Upon loading again everything is again normal. At first I couldn't figure out what was causing the clashing, but upon running through the tuner, it appears to affect only a portion of the bass. I think I had different strings at different times going like 10 cents flat or sharp.

It's been acknowledged by multiple people on IK's forums.
Have you reported it to IK Support? They'll reproduce and submit to the developers if it is a global bug so that it can be worked on. If you have not, the link to do so is http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

musicdoc wrote:Anybody else having an issue with Modo bass individual strings going out of tune after playing with it for awhile?
Wow I didn't know that could happen to a software. Maybe that's a sign that it is a realistic bass plugin? :D

Daimonicon wrote:
musicdoc wrote:Anybody else having an issue with Modo bass individual strings going out of tune after playing with it for awhile?
Wow I didn't know that could happen to a software. Maybe that's a sign that it is a realistic bass plugin? :D
Well, I'd hope it isn't taking it to that level. If that were the case and we're modeling a lot of the player aspect too, I would hope we don't get some of the bad habits of players too :)

Seriously, though, it would be great to have this reported directly so they can gather any reports and get the developers involved where appropriate. Thanks!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Daimonicon wrote: Wow I didn't know that could happen to a software. Maybe that's a sign that it is a realistic bass plugin? :D
Well, I'd hope it isn't taking it to that level. If that were the case and we're modeling a lot of the player aspect too, I would hope we don't get some of the bad habits of players too :)
The other day I was covering some old Coheed and Cambria and before I knew it I was busted for knocking over a Walgreens, will this be fixed in the next update?

Also, in case anybody is not following the Market Place here we do have a great promo going on MODO BASS http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=824

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Here is a new video, one of two we have of fantastic Italian keyboardist Manuele Montesanti playing MODO BASS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1NHHKkUjs
..impressive..but who listens to that in real life
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

you, my friend, you... (the real Marco in real life !!!)

...don't you ?

:P

i like modo bass ..the sounds are great ..but that keyboard player just sounds like a keyboard player playing a keyboard with bass sounds..to me its not what a bass player would play ..but in its own right i guess its a worthwhile thing ..id like to see videos of more real world bass playing via Keys

MusicTech gives Modo Bass 10/10 excellence rating in issue 169 (April 2017)

Return to “Instruments”