AMD's a-comin!!!... and Intel's been a-dunnin!!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So people are we going 8,7,6,or 4 cores ???? I'm kinda thinking AMD Ryzen1400x for me ... I'm gonna go New Mobo , Ram , CPU , and GPU card .... I thinking I'm gonna reuse my Case , SSD , 2 HDD , DVDrw , 750 watt Corsair power supply and CPU heatsink ... also my Windows10 was upgraded from Windows 7 home (non OEM ) so I should be good there too. I'll have to get an adapter for my zalman heatsink or just buy a whole new one ? What do y'all think ????

I doubt there is a 7-core chip.

The new chips are available with silent coolers and have a low TDP, so I think you won't need your third-party cooler.

I also think I would go for the 1400x or 1600x. Given the affordable prices, I think AMD will not sell many of their new entry-level processors. Most people will opt for the x versions straight away.

The 1800x and 1700x will not have coolers (those with 95W TDP).
The top two parts have a TDP of 95W and won't be bundled with a cooler; the lower-end part clocks in at 65W and will come with a bundled "Wraith Spire" cooler.
I'm thinking on 1400x too, seems to be quite cheap and 4 cores / 8 threads which I think will do fine for music, also has 65W TDP which makes it less hot -> silent computer. Anyway don't have the money right now so I'm just curious to see how everyone of them compares to the competition.
Last edited by nIGhT-SoN on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1700 series are 8 cores ( 16threads )my bad....lol I was thinking 1700 would be 7(14) but it's 8(16) funny ...... 1800 series are 8 cores too ... On March 2nd they are releasing only Three CPUs , these are all 8 core CPU the top of the line ... So I will have to wait it out somemore ....I'm may go for the 1400x or 1600x series ... I guess I'll wait nice to know the CPU heatsinks are included too ...

Some CPUZ specs.

:borg:

nIGhT-SoN wrote:The 1800x and 1700x will not have coolers (those with 95W TDP).
The top two parts have a TDP of 95W and won't be bundled with a cooler; the lower-end part clocks in at 65W and will come with a bundled "Wraith Spire" cooler.
I'm thinking on 1400x too, seems to be quite cheap and 4 cores / 8 threads which I think will do fine for music, also has 65W TDP which makes it less hot -> silent computer. Anyway don't have the money right now so I'm just curious to see how everyone of them compares to the competition.
I read otherwise: The top models will be available with and without bundled cooler, which in this case is named Wraith Max, not Wraith Spire.

Exciting times ...

V0RT3X wrote:Some CPUZ specs.
1066 MHz dual-channel RAM? I'm afraid it might be limiting for this beast.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I think that is just test ram, it also depends on the motherboard, maybe it was one for testing. I think in the final release will have nice frequency it also depends on what kind of modules.

Numanoid wrote: That is an interesting point, like life in general, in the processor world it is the low level and high level that increases, while the middle level decreases...
In the vast majority of nations, there never was, or will be, a middle.
The Revolutionary war, and the Civil war, broke the defacto tyranny
that dominate most populations. People are risking their lives in record numbers,
to come to the America, dreaming of a real middle, because upward mobility is real,
if one works hard to excel, and manages money wisely.

The complacent, the lazy, and the career benefits parasites, have opted out
of upward mobility, and that mainly at taxpayer expense.

I should have bought AMD stock when it was at $1.50 per share
:dog: :cry: :dog:

The future is ARM processing ...Or mobile/tablet processors , doesn't seem AMD or Intel have done much there .....

fedexnman wrote:The future is ARM processing ...Or mobile/tablet processors , doesn't seem AMD or Intel have done much there .....
ARM is a design company that doesn't produce anything on their own, they only sell licenses. You could hardly expect any technological breakthroughs from them. To get anywhere in CPU industry, one needs billions for R&D and new fabs.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

AMD don't make processors themselves anymore, either.

fedexnman wrote:The future is ARM processing ...Or mobile/tablet processors , doesn't seem AMD or Intel have done much there .....
AMD actually did. http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases ... jul30.aspx

They've learn much about optimizing power consumption from ARM and applied it to Zen. Jim Keller said that himself.
Here is an interview about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTFE7sJY-Q
Last edited by nIGhT-SoN on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glokraw wrote:In the vast majority of nations, there never was, or will be, a middle.
The Revolutionary war, and the Civil war, broke the defacto tyranny
that dominate most populations. People are risking their lives in record numbers,
to come to the America, dreaming of a real middle, because upward mobility is real,
if one works hard to excel, and manages money wisely.

The complacent, the lazy, and the career benefits parasites, have opted out
of upward mobility, and that mainly at taxpayer expense.
Are you sure you are talking about America? In terms of upward mobility the US barely makes the top 10 anymore, and many more people risk their lives in order to get to Europe. The middle class is also stronger in most of Europe.

Just saying, I am not sure what your post is doing in this thread, frankly :)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”