USB Midi Patchbay options

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
For the last umpteen years I've been using a Roland UM-880 midi patchbay to connect my hardware synths & controllers to PC/Notebook and up until Windows 10 came along, worked perfectly for what I need to do. That is, sequence some parts from preferred DAW via USB to the relevant synths (Integra-7, Muse Receptor 2 pro, Fantom XR, and Novation Ultranova) plus merge midi from main controller.
With Windows 10 though, no driver, and I can fall back to legacy mode but have encountered a few buffering issues during busy passages where I'm pushing a bit of traffic.
So basically after some feedback as to what is a 1:1 replacement of the UM-880 but plays nicely with Windows 10. Also require the physical patchbay buttons so I can play "PC free" gigs every now and then and use the front buttons to route midi controller to relevant synth..

Thanks all in advance..
Don't Tech No for an Answer

From everything I'm reading, this is the one to have now.

http://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/mio10

steinberg midex 8 may work (subject to checking if win8 driver works under win10)
esi m8u xl should work well but it is hard to find these days

thanks all - the MIO10 looks the goods. Now just need to source one a reasonable price :)

win win.
sold my 880 locally for $70 less than the price I got a new MIO10 for.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”