Polyverse Manipulator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just picked this thing up at the intro price and it is *nuts*. Packs so many usable vocal (and any monophonic sound) effects into one package. Had tremendous fun playing chords with the smear maxed out, although its a shame you can't modulate the smear setting at the moment because it responds perfectly smoothly to real-time tweaking.

Anybody else using this thing? Searched the forum and all I found was a demo track (with Chipspeech) and one mention in another thread. No dedicated thread, so here it is!

https://polyversemusic.com/manipulator/

I use it. But I am very new to it, I bought it a few days ago. The only things I'm not fully in love with are the smear (and believe me I regret it), stereo and detune functions because imho it's very hard to make them sound smooth : you use them or you don't (remember it's still a beta !). The rest represents exactly what I was looking for to get the sound I'm after. This is just my opinion, but I think this is a small piece of the sound of today and tomorrow.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote:This is just my opinion, but I think this is a small piece of the sound of today and tomorrow.
It's rare that I make such proclamations, but I get that vibe from it too. It feels like it could be disruptive in the same way that say, Autotune or L3 was. This thing is going to be all over the charts in a few months, for better or worse.

I have to say I already got that feeling from the first Polyverse plugin. They simply made some tools that needed to be done in the actual music industry... again ! And haters gonna hate... again ! :D

Yep. Got it last week, so it's still very new to me.
Haven't used it on vocals yet but, as mentioned, it works a treat on mono sources so you
can feed it all sorts of signals and go nuts.
I haven't even pushed the mod side of things yet....down the rabbit hole with that side of it :-)

Picked it up also, and I like it. Sounds great to my ear. Interface is clean and straightforward. Useful for more than just vocals. Someone mentioned the Smear function, and it's too chaotic for me. On the other hand, the Detune is very nice, kind of Vocorder like.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

I find the smear function is only really worthwhile when you're playing it like a synth, feeding MIDI in to 'straighten it out'. The frozen windows continue to track pitch otherwise which sounds kind of odd, especially on my incredibly shaky vocals. Feeding it a preprocessed file which is just me going "aueoieuoaeeueioiue" with any silences cut out is how I tend to use it. When playing MIDI with this kind of file (so the smear only tracks MIDI notes rather than input pitch) gets you this amazing vocal synth kinda sound.

Still really enjoying what this plug has to offer. Pitch tracking can be a bit wonky sometimes, but otherwise it's an incredibly useful tool with so many wildly different and usable kinds of sounds available.

Version 1.0 is out. Not sure of differences from the beta. Haven't gotten an email yet with download link. Not sure if the Demo would be fine to use with the beta license.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

krankyone wrote:Version 1.0 is out. Not sure of differences from the beta. Haven't gotten an email yet with download link. Not sure if the Demo would be fine to use with the beta license.
Ahh, thanks for the heads-up. No email/download here either and can't see a way to log in or anything on the Polyverse site. No mention of 1.0 at all on there either, although the price seems to have gone up a fair bit since I got it (from $69 to $99 - still below the $149 they'll eventually be charging). Guessing that'll be sent out soon. No issues with the beta here either way.

Same here : no email about a new version, but no bug to complain about, so no hurry.

I took a chance and clicked on the link that came with email for my purchase of the beta. Instead of referencing the beta version, it pointed to the 1.01 release installer. My purchased license during beta worked fine. They claim it's more efficient and tracks better, and that may be true. Sometimes it gets a little chaotic in the tracking, but it's a nice chaos. There are also more presets than the beta.

The more I use this, the more I like it.

I mentioned earlier that I didn't find the smear useful. After using it more, I even liking that. It's pretty sensitive, so that you might get the right effect by just adding a little.

So bummed I didn't get to the beta in time!

krankyone wrote:I took a chance and clicked on the link that came with email for my purchase of the beta. Instead of referencing the beta version, it pointed to the 1.01 release installer. My purchased license during beta worked fine...
Wicked, thanks for the tip! Did the same and got 1.01. Unimpressed with the communication from Polyverse here. Not informing their userbase about a whole version number update and there being no obvious way to actually get said update is poor form. Hopefully communication will improve. How did you find out about the update, if you don't mind me asking? Just so I can keep on top of updates going forward.
So bummed I didn't get to the beta in time!
Yeah, it was $30 cheaper when I picked it up last week. I guess a $50 saving on the final price is still nothing to sniff at, but honestly even the $30 increase puts it outside my (admittedly very tight) price range. Stunning plug though. And yeah, I feel really lucky that I caught it at a price I could afford.

I found out about the release on Facebook. I made a post about no email, and then reposted that I had sorted it out. I got a response from Polyverse within a day. But since I had already sorted it, they didn't need to help me with it. They were just glad I was happy, which I am. Hopefully it gets them to realize that their customers aren't fully in the loop.

krankyone wrote:I found out about the release on Facebook. I made a post about no email, and then reposted that I had sorted it out. I got a response from Polyverse within a day. But since I had already sorted it, they didn't need to help me with it. They were just glad I was happy, which I am. Hopefully it gets them to realize that their customers aren't fully in the loop.
Thanks for the heads-up. I appreciate a lot of people don't necessarily want to get a ton of emails every time there's an update and the like, but an indication on the site might be nice. Maybe a password protected user area. To be fair, they're a young company from what I can tell, so hopefully any kinks in the user experience will be ironed out with time.

Return to “Effects”