Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

moss wrote: Sorry, no. The only thing that is supported in the API regarding Cue Markeres is to toggle Cue marker area on/off. I will add it to the (long) Bitwig wishlist :-)
Ok, no real support then. Is it still possible to map Bitwig shortcuts to buttons, knobs, etc on the Push? I haven't figured out how to do this yet. The shortcuts panel has a Keyboard and Controller section but the Push doesn't show up in that section. I should be able to map "go to cue marker 1" to a specific Push pad, right? Because I can currently map it to a specific key on my keyboard numpad.

Unless having the controller script engaged hides the actual controller so that its controls aren't mappable in bitwig itself?

I'm learning this controller script (and Bitwig itself) more and more every hour. Have to say this thing is amazing. I just have one question... the wiki says you can change track colour by selecting a track, and then holding the Select button which is supposed to bring up a bunch of contextual actions. All this does is enable me to press a first (or second) row button that lights up green, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

This is for an audio track. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

pstare wrote:I'm learning this controller script (and Bitwig itself) more and more every hour. Have to say this thing is amazing. I just have one question... the wiki says you can change track colour by selecting a track, and then holding the Select button which is supposed to bring up a bunch of contextual actions. All this does is enable me to press a first (or second) row button that lights up green, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

This is for an audio track. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
I already pushed the v2 updates to the Wiki :D

New: Basic version of 64 pad drum view (enter drum mode, keep Shift pressed and then press 4th scene button).
Wow just seen this! Thanks for adding it, can't wait to try it.

May I just ask why you decided to assign it to this key combo? How come you didn't just stick with the default ableton button?

Best
Dale

askewd wrote:
New: Basic version of 64 pad drum view (enter drum mode, keep Shift pressed and then press 4th scene button).
Wow just seen this! Thanks for adding it, can't wait to try it.

May I just ask why you decided to assign it to this key combo? How come you didn't just stick with the default ableton button?
Because there are already alternative drum sequencer modes on the 2nd and 3rd scene button.

Ok. I guess if it's fast to access in practice, that's fine it will likely be the mode I use most.

So if I may ask, what mode/feature do u currently have assigned to the 'layout' button?

Best
Dale

Meh, decided to try the latest beta 3 and newest push script from github... Any ideas..?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just tried my Push mk1 with the latest script from github on my friend's laptop with Bitwig 2 beta 3. Every time it autodetected the push but then popped up some crash message. Wish I wrote it down, but it was something to do with some undefined value or something related to track follow? I might be remembering it wrong though, but it wouldn't start.

Tried the commit before HEAD on master, and everything seemed to work fine.

The API evolves currently a bit faster than the rest of the Beta train. Therefore, the GitHub version is currently not compatible with Beta 3. You need to show some patience till Beta 4.

Add support for using Python for writing scripts.

Does that mean Push2Display can be replaced with Python?

Thank you moss for your work!

donstar wrote:Add support for using Python for writing scripts.

Does that mean Push2Display can be replaced with Python?
There is currently no documentation about how to use Python with Bitwig. So, I have no idea.

Is it me? The beta 4 and latest script feels much more snappy overall ? (push-1)

>>New: Preference to reverse the behaviour of the record and overdub functions

Just noticed this!! Awesome! Thanks so much

Best
Dale

askewd wrote:>>New: Preference to reverse the behaviour of the record and overdub functions

Just noticed this!! Awesome! Thanks so much

Best
Dale
You are welcome! Also the 64 bit drumming view is now in...

Thans moss for adding all these new features.
Are you planning on improving the navigation experience, too? Bitwig+Push still feels like a clumpsy affair.
Why don't you simply copy the basic infrastructure of the Ableton script and improve on that?

Cheers!

Return to “Controller Scripting”