uhe Satin group feature

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have uhe satin and can't find any helpful info on how the grouping works.

Any Windows Satin owners that use the plugins grouping features?

I looked at the manual and it wasn't very helpful.

It's not that complicated, you assign your instances of Satin to one of the groups, and when you edit one instance in, say, group 2, every other instance assigned to group 2 will be updated with the same settings.

So it's basically a feature to keep settings equal over multiple tracks.

Do I have to route the audio in my DAW?

hi, add satin as an fx on a number of tracks/channels, then as above assign the individual instances to a group. then all the instances are linked, change one they all change
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

djmino02 wrote:Do I have to route the audio in my DAW?
Nope. The audio is actually processed by each individual instance of Satin on the tracks, it's a just handy feature to keep your settings aligned.

ChamomileShark wrote:hi, add satin as an fx on a number of tracks/channels, then as above assign the individual instances to a group. then all the instances are linked, change one they all change
wouldn't his be the same as adding one plugin to a group of channels though?

djmino02 wrote:wouldn't his be the same as adding one plugin to a group of channels though?
No. The tape emulation reacts to the level of the signal so summing the channels before it hits the tape will be different.

Oh cool. So it has a summing effect?

djmino02 wrote:Oh cool. So it has a summing effect?
It's not a summing effect like in mixers. You can think of it like adding more Tape instances will gradually add up and make more interesting harmonics on their own - as opposed to one tape instance on group bus.

Return to “Effects”