Help! Can't assign MIDI Keyboard (Arturia Keyhlab 49 BE)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've an issue with my Arturia Keylab 49 (Black Edition).

When I turn on some of the knobs or sliders when atempöting to assing it to a plugin nothing happens. But on some of the other knobs and sliders it works.

Any idea why some of the knobs/sliders works but not others?

My DAW is Cubase 7.5 and I'm on a Windows 10 64-bit.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Nobody knows?

You assign them how? MIDI learn inside the plugins? Or maybe via the Arturia software (which i'm not familiar with)?

chk071 wrote:You assign them how? MIDI learn inside the plugins? Or maybe via the Arturia software (which i'm not familiar with)?
i'M USING midi lEARN INSIDE THE PLUG-INS (TESTED WITH pOLYkb iii AND pOLYSIX).

sOME KNOBS/SLIDERS RREACTS/WORKS. bUT SOME OTHERS DON'T. i DONT GET IT ...AT ALL.

Did you ever assign those controls with anything, maybe in another host or application? Does the host display MIDI messages, when you operate one of these controls? Also, some hosts allow to display what kind of MIDI messages are being sent, Studio One e.g., so, you could check if MIDI messages are sent at all, and what exactly they look like.

chk071 wrote:Did you ever assign those controls with anything, maybe in another host or application? Does the host display MIDI messages, when you operate one of these controls? Also, some hosts allow to display what kind of MIDI messages are being sent, Studio One e.g., so, you could check if MIDI messages are sent at all, and what exactly they look like.
I've not assigned it to anything. Not sure if it did that itself during the installation of Analog Lab. As for the MIDI messages I've to check. I'm using Cubase 7.5. I guess it shows the MIDI messages. However I don't know where. But I'll take a look in the manual.

This is from Cubase 8.5:

There are 2 bars on the right side, the second one is the input and output volume display, and the first one is the MIDI activity display. If that doesn't display anything when you move the controls on your MIDI controller, then either the controls are broken, or there's something in the Arturia software which prevents them from being assignable. Wouldn't know why though, really. But, at least you can make sure that they're generally working that way, i guess.

chk071 wrote:[...] then either the controls are broken, or there's something in the Arturia software which prevents them from being assignable.
I just bought their BeatStep controller and have assigned all 16 of the knobs to a number of things. Same software, fully assignable to CCs... BUT! There are default assignments, so there may be a conflict. If you have not used the software... you pretty much need to.

Cubase indicates that teh MIDI messages are sent.

So I assume those knobs/sliders that doens't work are assigned to something else by default.

I've opened Arturia's MIDI Control Center.

But I'm not quite sure what (and how) to do there.

I opened the Analog Lab VST. And it seems that Keylab is assigned to it.

I also have two other MIDI controllers. Steinberg's CMC CH and M-Audio's Oxygen 25. They work perfect. NEver had an issue with those.

Like so:

Hit that SYNC button, the software is now talking to the device. You're in Default template. You need to create a User Template if you're deviating from the default settings. Make some assignments and Save As... Now you're in business, you're free to assign that CC to the instrument.
(Not having done this rigamarole, you're finding the default CC assignments make learn a no go in some cases, evidently.)

RTFM, it's pg 6, MIDI Control Center User Guide, there's a picture of the KeyLab 25 rather than mine.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys !
Really appreciated !!! :tu:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”