How do I duck specific frequencies in Studio One (side chain EQ)?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm demoing Studio One so I can't post in their forums.

I want to side chain my Kick to the Bass but I only want the frequencies under 120Hz to duck when triggered by the Kick. This can be easily setup in FLS and Bitwig but I can't figure it out in S1. I don't want to reduce all the frequencies (side chain Compression). I just want a specific range reduced when triggered.

I use Studio One and there is no possibility of sidechaining the Presonus Pro-EQ. I use Izotope´s Neutron for such things now and it has a dynamic EQ which could be internally and externally sidechained.

Fabfilter pro-mb can do this.

a couple of waves plugins do this as well. Instead, i am happy with FL Studio having this build in :) I love the peak controller

....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Also, VolumeShaper by Cableguys will do the trick.

http://www.cableguys.com/volumeshaper.html
Bitwig Certified Trainer

The cheapest option (free) is TDR Nova,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have Neutron so I'll try it and compare it to TDR Nova to see which one is more CPU friendly.

digaldeman wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I have Neutron so I'll try it and compare it to TDR Nova to see which one is more CPU friendly.
In this comparison, it is worth mentioning that contrary to Neutron, Nova GE has two octaves wider range of operation, a generous collection of HP/LP slopes, is truly parallel (= much less accumulating distortion with dynamics), free of any Nyquist Cramping in any situation (Neutrons dynamic EQs are not), extremely well anti-aliased (multi-rate processing), loudness compensated and also comes with a wide set of Smart Actions (and tons more). :borg:
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”