New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

ErikH wrote:I do not want to hack this thread, but after a longer period of comparing with others, I just got Sandman Pro. And I am interested in this 'new thing', yes.
My question is about activation/registration.
I am on this single computer which may be unconnected to the Internet soonish. Or not. Can I activate Sandman Pro online and still be offline?
How did you do it?
Google 'plugin alliance offline activation'
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks, but I had already downloaded and read the activation pdf.
I just wanted to know which method you guys use as there are in fact three. And as my puter goes back to the studio - during Winter time it is too cold to be comfortable there - I decided to ask.

Whatever...I chose for the memory stick activation, and it worked flawlessly.
I am very impressed indeed with Sandman Pro - I seem to have made a good choice - and I look forward to this new spectral plugin.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

@ thelizard

hey michael
sorry if this has been raised before...

i struggling with your preset management
if i scrolling through presets, then close and reopen the window
i go right back to the top of the tree
is there a logic to this?
i would rather some persistence here
otherwise fantastic

dave

Finally got Sandman Pro and have to say, its great!
Also got the "Studio ProPak" expansion for Sandman Pro.

The combination is impressive.

Great stuff guys...
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

dave dove wrote:@ thelizard

hey michael

otherwise fantastic

dave
Thanks for the report! I'll see if we can get a fix in for this round of builds. I have an idea for how to fix that which shouldn't be serious. We just turned in the first alphas last night for the April updates. Here are a few things that made it in to all of the patches. We're keeping a few secrets though :hihi:

OpenGL toggle switch in the Option menu.
Ability to minimize modulators by clicking on their icons.
Step sequencer modulator.
Ability to reset LFOs via a trigger input.
Phase control for LFOs.
Major performance improvements, including a fix for a major denormal bug.
Expanded choice of interface scaling options.
New left/right buttons on combo boxes. Combo boxes now correctly change 100% of the time.
Randomize Preset feature.

In Dent/Indent we've added six new saturation modes, 0/2/4x oversampling, a switch for Auto Gain Compensation, and the ability to change the filter between LP/HP/BP/BR. In Dent, you can now optionally change the saturation mode on the input, the distortion section, and the output (previously, the saturation selector targeted all three). Finally, on Dent we've added an option to turn off waveset interpolation. This was my original design, but we had a lot of testers complaining about clicks and pops when using the probability section with the BIAS or SPLIT controls (since both of those add DC offset that needed to be interpolated out while doing heavy switching). With the interpolation off, the Probability section sounds way better (in my opinion).

Once again, these updates are free. We'll announce my favorite new feature in April.

WOW!!! :shock: :o :shock:

That's going to be a MAJOR update and a half! :hail:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Might want to change the name to "Unbelievable Audio". Wow! Really looking forward to the updates and the new pluggie.

thelizard wrote:
Soarer wrote: I would like to have an option to split dry/wet into dry and wet since I find that turning it towards wet decreases dry too much. Most of the time I want a dry signal at full volume. I try to solve it by turning up input or output gain and just raise dry/wet a little bit.
Or maybe you could change the cross fade curve of the dry/wet so that it stays fully dry until 50% or so.
Quick note: we just fixed this for the upcoming patch. It is in the Options Menu, since changing the behavior would affect old projects.

SpecOps is looking more like May than April. We had a lot of feature requests in this thread and during the private NAMM demos. We ended up doing a significant UI overhaul and feature balance. We now have a feature set that we absolutely love, so it was worth the redo.

The April patches are pretty much ready. We're turning in the alphas to PA next week. There are a ton of awesome modulation system upgrades. I think Dent/Indent fans will especially be pleased by the feature updates. We're also planning on two mini-plugins (in the vein of Indent) for April. This will be another very busy year for us!
Awesome... so you finally included a "coffee button"?!?!

simon.a.billington wrote:Awesome... so you finally included a "coffee button"?!?!
At some point, we should totally write an Internet of Things plug-in that can connect to a coffee maker. I'm not sure what people would do when a plug-in finally makes coffee for them :lol:

I'd prefer if it would buy new coffee-capsules and milk for me...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Well, make it modular - I only drink tea :)

dave dove wrote:@ thelizard

hey michael

otherwise fantastic

dave
I took a look at this today. It is now fixed and will make it into this round of updates.

Maaan, those Dent updates sound absolutely lethal! Fantastic to see an appreciation of the waveset in that plug btw. CDP user for 10+ years here and the sounds that are possible with waveset processing still blow my mind. Funnily enough, one of my favourite waveset processes involves deliberately adding bias to the waveform so it's off-centre as a pre-processing step, at which point waveset manipulation almost becomes a granular technique. Sounds insane in combination with CDPs waveset 'interpolation' module which bends and fades between wavesets. Look forward to seeing how bias + waveset dropping is implemented in Dent.

Also, step-sequencer modulation! Sandman Pro becomes a viable break chopper right there! I'd been considering asking for something like quantisation to rhythmic values in the modulation system for ages (as in the actual values output - so you could jump around in Sandman's buffer and always land on a 16th or 8th note of the loop in the buffer or whatever), but I'm a bit shy with feature requests to be honest so that idea never left my head. A step-sequencer modulation module meets that desire then blows it straight out of the park.

Thank you so much for your continued work on these already excellent plug-ins.

Sparky77 wrote:Finally got Sandman Pro and have to say, its great!
Also got the "Studio ProPak" expansion for Sandman Pro.

The combination is impressive.

Great stuff guys...

Here is an example:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... ard-delays

Chiming in to say Fault is amazing.

Return to “Effects”