The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread (HaRd MoDe 2017)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mikebenson wrote: What would be your motivation to stop? My motivation is that I already have more than I need to make music, and I need to be more responsible with my financial future for the sake of my wife and 2 sons.

Find a proper motivation and you can stop. Also, don't "solemnly swear", just say "yes, I'll do it". ...If you want to stop, then do it, but no one is forcing you.
Good advices, Mike.

EDIT, nah, I'm broke for this month. Gotta get my teeth fixed next month. Gotta stay on the straight and narrow. Not gonna do it, wouldn't be "prudent" ... not at this "juncture" :hihi:

I spoke too soon, thinking it would be easy. Somebody made me aware of the Makenoise 0-coast, and it looks like a lot of fun. I didn't think I needed a wildcard but...

Will probably wait a while to see if the want sticks. :D

Had my first actual GAS test, today. Someone, at a guitar forum I occasionally peruse, is selling a nice Eastman git, all solid-wood, for under €500. My old self would've jumped at it.

Every day, in every way, I'm getting better, and better.... :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Muied Lumens wrote:I spoke too soon, thinking it would be easy. Somebody made me aware of the Makenoise 0-coast, and it looks like a lot of fun. I didn't think I needed a wildcard but...

Will probably wait a while to see if the want sticks. :D
:tu:

Bombadil wrote:Every day, in every way, I'm getting better, and better.... :hihi:
:lol:

Bombadil wrote:Had my first actual GAS test, today. Someone, at a guitar forum I occasionally peruse, is selling a nice Eastman git, all solid-wood, for under €500. My old self would've jumped at it.

Under €500! That's a steal! You can always resell it later if it doesn't really float your boat.

ghettosynth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Had my first actual GAS test, today. Someone, at a guitar forum I occasionally peruse, is selling a nice Eastman git, all solid-wood, for under €500. My old self would've jumped at it.

Under €500! That's a steal! You can always resell it later if it doesn't really float your boat.
Feck NO! 1) I have enough guitars (19, at last count). 2) I absolutely loathe selling stuff online. I am currently in a dispute with someone to whom I sold a standalone multi-tracker over a hum he discovered, 7 weeks after he came here, tested it, and took it home. If I never sold another thing online again, I would be a very happy, and less-stressed Dude.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Feck NO! 1) I have enough guitars (19, at last count). 2) I absolutely loathe selling stuff online. I am currently in a dispute with someone to whom I sold a standalone multi-tracker over a hum he discovered, 7 weeks after he came here, tested it, and took it home. If I never sold another thing online again, I would be a very happy, and less-stressed Dude.
Just giving your resolve a little test, you passed, you may now proceed into the relaxation room to your right.

You know, I hate selling stuff as well. My friends think that I'm nuts but I have about a $200 minimum transaction value for me to bother. It's not like I can really afford to be that lazy either, it just stresses me out.

I'm actually pretty confident that I am done for some time. I filled my modular case which was really my last great adventure in synthesis. It looks pretty, sounds like a pile of shit. I seem to be rekindling my interest in cooking and gardening...getting old I guess.

What is all this madness, ye heretics?
Civilization will collapse I tell you. We must engage in commerce! And we must cultivate a sense of urgency about it! :D

Buy! NOW!

Hm... Lets see if we can crash the Matrix.

So! Where my no-gear homies at?

Still fighting the good fight. My wildcard was bitwig studio 2, and I haven't bought any other gear.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:So! Where my no-gear homies at?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=477620

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”