Adam A7X vs Dynaudio BM12 MKIII

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys !

I'm ready to buy a new set of monitors and I need help deciding between the Adams a7x and Dynaudio BM12 MKIII.

I heard them both in music store in untreated room, i guess not ideal environment for checking monitors but i loved high end on Adams, but then low end on Dynaudios sound better then on Adams imo.

I mainly doing electronic music.

but i am considering dynaudios more because they go low to 38Hz, Adams to 42hz

My setup is without Sub.

Adams a8x i don't have checked yet..maybe these is option to.

So I'm looking for opinions about how the two monitors compare.

Thanks!

Nobody can tell you what to buy here (obviously) but I can say that Dynaudio's are probably my favourite set of speakers I've ever owned. And now I have Neumann's!

They sound absolutely beautiful, but not coloured.

I always found the Adam's a little harsh, but to be fair I only listened briefly in store.

I wouldn't read too much those 4hz of difference in the specs, pick the ones that sound best to you.
That said, Dyns are the ones I'd pick purely based on past experiences as well.

Oh wait, I just realized, the bassreflex port of the Dyns are at the rear,those of the Adams at the front... depending on how you can set them up that might make a difference.

I think there's a limited amount you can learn from forum recommendations for monitoring because so much within the realm of monitoring is about preferences.

And really, it's about learning the monitors and understanding what you need to do to your mix accordingly.

That being said, monitors that annoy you or trick you aren't going to work.

Moreso than with any other audio gear, do a few mixes with them and see how you feel. Buy from somewhere you can return them if you change your mind. Good luck.

REALLY tough to go wrong with either, but back in the day, when you could actually go into a store and listen to them, I didn't care for the Dyn's as much.

But again, a properly treated room and all that, I seriously doubt either are a bad choice.

In my experience, I could hear eq better on my previously owned Adam A7X than on my friend's Dynaudio BM6A. But compression could be heard better on his speakers.
I'd go for Dynaudio for sure, I'm currently using Focal Alpha 50, but am constantly looking for 2nd hand Dynaudios :)

Personally, I'd go w/the BM12's

Thank you guys for your opinions !

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”