2C-Aether Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aether

e@rs wrote:
Galbanum wrote:We've got some really great stuff cooking for 2017!
Sweet! Just remember that for many (myself included) CPU usage is a really important feature too. :wink:
We will do our best. :tu:

PLEASE don't forget about that middle sized GUI!!!

e@rs wrote:PLEASE don't forget about that middle sized GUI!!!
Yes please

LFO8 wrote:
e@rs wrote:PLEASE don't forget about that middle sized GUI!!!
Yes please
+1

Yes, pretty please !

Small GUI is too small but the next size is WAY too big (not to speak that it muches CPU :( )
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Yes, pretty please !

Small GUI is too small but the next size is WAY too big (not to speak that it muches CPU :( )
The larger GUI "munches your CPU"? Odd. The GUI should use almost zero CPU really...

Are you using a retina display mac? Even then GUI size should not effect things much at all, as we don't have huge interactive/modulating/automating/animating GUI display elements (like we do in Kaleidoscope for example)

do you happen to be using a lot of automation on various parameters?
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just bought a 6950 ... bring it bro :hihi:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:I just bought a 6950 ... bring it bro :hihi:

why not buy 8 of these and call it a day:

https://newsroom.intel.com/news/intel-s ... 7-8894-v4/

:D

would only cost you about $100,000 :scared:

(and even then it is a complete waste of money bc Skylake Xeons that are about to launch shortly are MUCH more interesting...)

However, the REALLY cool news for us "normal people" (if I can call myself normal -- depends who you ask), is that it seems AMD is once again competitive, and will put some real pressure on Intel, and that will be good for all of us! Either performance will start to go up faster, or prices will fall, or both... but it should become much more interesting than the past 5 years, were CPUs were only making modest gains and Intel charged mafia prices...

my next machine personally will be Skylake Xeon based whenever it becomes available. Hopefully in the form of a new Mac Pro, but if not I will build one myself and use windows if needed... it's likely to be quite expensive still, but this generation should be quite interesting for many reasons...

Galbanum wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:I just bought a 6950 ... bring it bro :hihi:

why not buy 8 of these and call it a day:

https://newsroom.intel.com/news/intel-s ... 7-8894-v4/

:D

would only cost you about $100,000 :scared:

(and even then it is a complete waste of money bc Skylake Xeons that are about to launch shortly are MUCH more interesting...)

However, the REALLY cool news for us "normal people" (if I can call myself normal -- depends who you ask), is that it seems AMD is once again competitive, and will put some real pressure on Intel, and that will be good for all of us! Either performance will start to go up faster, or prices will fall, or both... but it should become much more interesting than the past 5 years, were CPUs were only making modest gains and Intel charged mafia prices...

my next machine personally will be Skylake Xeon based whenever it becomes available. Hopefully in the form of a new Mac Pro, but if not I will build one myself and use windows if needed... it's likely to be quite expensive still, but this generation should be quite interesting for many reasons...
Hehe ... I should get two of those so I have a backup.

I was actually going to wait for the Skylakes, but my old faithful died in a terrible moving accident. Many tears were shed. But, as I explained to the wife I was FORCED to do my replacement build now.

And, yes .. it's really exciting to see AMD come back into the game. Should be some fun times ahead. The real good part of the new system is 128GB RAM. VEP Pro on this box is awesome. I'm looking forward to what you guys are up to.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

It just needs a proper HD gui - not something that requires a 4K+ monitor, which most people don't have.

aMUSEd wrote:

It just needs a proper HD gui - not something that requires a 4K+ monitor, which most people don't have.

we will make an intermediate size the next time we do a significant update to Aether. We hear ya. No immediate timeframe however...

(note it does NOT technically require a 4k display. I made that GUI on my old 30" cinema display which is 2560*1600 pix. Aether HD width is 1440px. So it's not overly huge... but I guess it is the height that creates issues on some display sizes? But anyway, enough people have mentioned this request, that we will do it sooner or later...)

Galbanum wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

we will make an intermediate size the next time we do a significant update to Aether. We hear ya. No immediate timeframe however...

(note it does NOT technically require a 4k display. I made that GUI on my old 30" cinema display which is 2560*1600 pix. Aether HD width is 1440px. So it's not overly huge... but I guess it is the height that creates issues on some display sizes?
I think the point is it creates issues on standard HD sizes ie 1080p = 1920 x 1080 pix. So nothing out of the ordinary.

it's 1440*1056, so technically it does even fit on 1920*1080 depending on how tall the extra window your DAW puts on top of it... but ya I guess most are more than 24 pixels...

For reference B2 is 1920*960 so that fits perfectly full screen on such monitors...

idk, i can tell ya once you work with a big screen with a GUI that is physical/human scale, very quickly you start to wonder how people worked with tiny GUIs for decades, and I personally have a hypothesis that this is a large part of why people still think hardware is more fun... that and the tactile interactivity of course... I suppose if someone had a minority-report wall display for their plug-in GUIs no one would argue hardware is better anymore.... but I digress...

anyway, we hear you: Aether GUI something like 1280px wide, like the current KS GUI... got it.

A couple of months ago I built my new rig, and Aether is running nicely on it. Still need to test it with automation. ValhallaDSP Room was very friendly in that department, but I've had some horrifying surprises with other plugins. Reaper does send a lot of data to plugins.

Settings are Per-Preset, except for interpolation which is on 1x.
0.8-1.0% reported in Reaper 5.35 x64 on Win7x64, on the 6700K@stock 4GHz, 32GB DDR4-3000 RAM.

If all goes well, I'll be mixing a couple of shows with Aether.

Are you guys planning a surround version of Aether/Breeze/new-critter ?
Will mix for fun

airon wrote: Are you guys planning a surround version of Aether/Breeze/new-critter ?
we've certainly thought about it... on the wish list. one day...

we are working on several really cool things at the moment.

Return to “Effects”