DAW with a "human" workflow?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Um, I thought the "human" workflow was supposed to be about the way you make music?

Shi-hiit, I'm not joking around when I say I love me some loops and quantizing! :love:

Reason of course!
When you stare this software, it's just amazing how easylie everything makes sense. Most other daws require so much from the user's eyes.

Here some human (?) workflow
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WjpeiGHfGSQ
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I don't know about other folks, but for me, after doing work on a computer all day, there is something inherently *not fun* about the way so many DAWs do things. Analog recorders, whether cassette or reel, naturally separate out a lot of the tedious admin stuff (although very differently). For example, there are no file paths; each tape is its own directory structure of sorts, with tracks containing content, and you don't have to worry about file naming and paths, and accidentally saving files in the wrong place. And instruments are separate things, not a bunch of programs (and file paths) all wrapped up in the same box that sometimes work and sometimes don't, or affect the recording process because of the CPU cycles they eat up. As a hobbyist, I've yet to find a solution that always works without glitches, especially on the MIDI side of things, despite getting increasingly powerful computers to run stuff on.

That said, one program that I felt was kinda fun for audio recording was Sonoma Wireworks Riffworks. But they haven't updated it in years, and at this point it seems abandoned.

musictechwriter wrote: As a hobbyist, I've yet to find a solution that always works without glitches, especially on the MIDI side of things, despite getting increasingly powerful computers to run stuff on.
Have you tried a separate MIDI composer standalone routable to an audio host? There may be something inherently stable to a program dedicated to the MIDI side of things.

There is no such thing as human flow in DAWs :) Good news is when you learn any of them it becomes natural

Humans make mistakes... so what is the buggiest DAW on the market?

@fluffy_little_something:
ableton live

How about a good hardware based recording setup and a bunch of good talent?

Nothing will be more "human" than dealing with the talent over what they want. Sometimes you'll want to strangle them, and other times you'll want to bow at their amazing abilities.
:borg:

+1 for Studio One. Very nice easy to use application with a clean looking user interface. And lots of drag and drop functionality. Which helps improve my workflow with it.

Atza wrote:There is no such thing as human flow in DAWs :) Good news is when you learn any of them it becomes natural
Absolutely.

I like all three of the daws a have...(Sonar Platinum, Tracktion 7, and Mixbus 4.)
Depending on what mood I'm in I'll pick one and go. They all seem easy enough.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”