!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a question about the step sequencer. Can the gate length be longer than one step? For example 14 steps or 14 steps and a half.

Yes, there are two ways you can do this: you can either tie the gates together between steps - which can also be used to add legato phrasing by allowing steps to slightly overlap - or you can set the length for a step to be a multiple or division of the main sequence duration.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

so a release is closer than it was - which is great.

woggle wrote:so a release is closer than it was - which is great.
Stop that crazy talk :smack:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

colin@loomer wrote:We are getting very close. Finishing the UI has been a colossal effort, and one compounded by minor differences in rendering between macOS, Windows, and Linux that I've had to work around; whilst I'm not concerned that it has to look identical on each platform, I do want it to look good on each. Which it now does.
Is work on the UI completely finished?

Not quite; the overall look and theme is finalised for the first release, but there are a handful of placeholder icons that still need replacing, and parts where older UI elements need to be bought up to scratch. All the nasty platform-specific rendering pains are hopefully dealt with, so everything else UI related is plain sailing.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Been following this thread from the sideline .

@ colin , have you ever heard of the good old phrazor by sonicbytes ?
I wonder if epoch would be on par with phrazor , when it comes down to raw sequencing and routing possibilities . .or even numerology :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:Been following this thread from the sideline .

@ colin , have you ever heard of the good old phrazor by sonicbytes ?
I wonder if epoch would be on par with phrazor , when it comes down to raw sequencing and routing possibilities . .or even numerology :tu:
my impression is that !Epoch will be much more powerful than either. The impression I have got so far is something like Reaktor for midi (but with the great advantage of Lua scripting).

Just about two more months and I've had three (!) children born within the time frame of !Epoch development :lol:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

gentleclockdivider wrote:I wonder if epoch would be on par with phrazor , when it comes down to raw sequencing and routing possibilities . .or even numerology :tu:
I'd say it beats both in terms of sequencing and flexibility, by quite a long way (which isn't an insult thrown at the other products you mentioned: although I'm not a user of either, I know they have a solid fan base, and no doubt for good reason.)

It's at the point where any new wild generative sequencing idea I think of, I can build, and usually within minutes.

Nielzie wrote:Just about two more months and I've had three (!) children born within the time frame of !Epoch development :lol:
You'll need to wait some years before you can upgrade them to do Lua scripting though... :D
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

colin@loomer wrote: It's at the point where any new wild generative sequencing idea I think of, I can build, and usually within minutes.
care to share this tool of which you speak?

:)

colin@loomer wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote:I wonder if epoch would be on par with phrazor , when it comes down to raw sequencing and routing possibilities . .or even numerology :tu:
I'd say it beats both in terms of sequencing and flexibility, by quite a long way (which isn't an insult thrown at the other products you mentioned: although I'm not a user of either, I know they have a solid fan base, and no doubt for good reason.)

It's at the point where any new wild generative sequencing idea I think of, I can build, and usually within minutes.
Woow...that's a bold statement , beating numerology ....we might have a winner here :clap:
I used phrazor in the past , now I only use reaktor and renoise .
I am really looking for a power miditool/sequencer , don't want to shell out 400 euro for max/msp ..since I won't be using it's audio capabilities
Ever heard of sonicbytes era ?
The same guy that did phrazor . ( now sold by sugarbytes) , I think the developer of era/phrazor now works for N.I.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I have heard of era, but don't recall ever using it. I will do a bit of espionage, sorry, research, regarding era, and see what the fuss is about.

colin@loomer wrote:I have heard of era, but don't recall ever using it. I will do a bit of espionage, sorry, research, regarding era, and see what the fuss is about.
I used to use era - it was a good step sequencer but nothing like !Epoch

Return to “Loomer”