Unbelievable, why are there no VST managers?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Orbit-50 wrote:
andrew732 wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:
andrew732 wrote:...I'm still using Cubase 5
Dude, you're making me cringe. Update already. Cubase has come a long way since 5. :scared:
Has it changed at all with respect to the things we're talking about in this thread? Not as far as I can tell, but correct me if I'm wrong.
lol
Is that a yes or a no? The ability to categorize tags and a few other minor changes in MediaBay are the only differences I can see between 5 and 8.5 as far as plugin and preset organization tools. Again, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Edit: I see that 8.5 has user-definable "collections" in the Plugin Manager, which is a significant improvement, although nowhere near what the other solutions mentioned in this thread can do. Fair enough.

Looks like I'm going to have to use a variety of different programs. Organising into folders is a good way, but even with that am still missing notes, tags, ratings. We do it with media files and all kinds of files on computers, just baffles me why we can't with VST's then experiment with audio and what not. Maybe I'm missing the vital part, or that there are too many VST's, or maybe my memory isn't what it used to be :)
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

Just found about the presets saving in Bitwig!

So, I can't retrieve all the local presets of the synth unless they are in FXP format (Only Alpha 3 presets are showing in my case). However, if I want to save my own presets (or the one I like from a synth, say Retrologue) I can do that and also with nice tags as explained below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This looks amazing, and I'm looking around for a new DAW just now, as I'm getting a new computer next week. I can't wait !!
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

bookofthoth wrote:Thanks for the advice, I've been using Gentibus CD to help me catalogue files, maybe excel would be the better option.

Cubase out of reach unfortunately, I have an old version of Soundforge with some basic manager functionality.

I did download this...

http://ultimatepluginmanager.com/home/d ... or-windows which seems perfect for what I need, but doesn't run on my PC for some reason.
Wow! Just saw this been a member here a while lurking mostly

VST2 plugins on the windows platform can be located in non tradition places
For this reason you need to locate and define your VSTplugin folder.
UDPM works as a switch to turn plugins on or off, and save your choices as presets, allowing you to decide what plugins are listed in your DAW.

what problems are you having?
Drop me a line support@ultimatepluginmanager.com include your DAW maybe I can help get setup.
Sometimes the only way to win is not to play...

That's a good question,now that you mentioned it i see that there really isn't such a manager. It would make life easier no doubt.

But there is, not only is there a VST plugin manager but also an AAX, MAS, RTAS, & VST3
it'' called the Ultimate DAW Plugin Manager check it out! download your free Demo here http://ultimatepluginmanager.com - available for the OSX and Windows platforms.

IMHO there's no need for "vst managers" if you only use a few plugins.
I only created 2-3 categories Inside my DAW like synths, drums, instruments and from these
I can load the plugin that will be used in the project.

+I don't need preset managers too, because I prefer synths that has good preset browsers inside, like the one in FM8.

Some months ago I was thinking how to manage my KONTAKT instruments, but the solution was inside Kontakt : I created quickload categories, and placed instruments there so now I can browse them by main instrument types.
Last edited by dune_rave on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Because you should only have a handful at most in addition to your native DAW plugins. More plugins =/= better music...
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

InLight-Tone wrote:Because you should only have a handful at most in addition to your native DAW plugins. More plugins =/= better music...
Anyone who thinks there's any relationship, proportional or inversely proportional, between the number of available tools and quality of the work done with those tools is an idiot, as is anyone who tries to tell other people how many tools they 'should' or should not have.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

VST managers... there VIP preset manager and it shows it's not easy to design such a thing and make it work :neutral:

Still, the best way to manage plugins is to keep their number low. This is general life advice :party:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I agree, you don't need a ton of 3rd party plugins listed and available to your DAW or NLE only a "hand full" will do, but which "hand full" that's the question.. for tracking you don't need multi bands, for mix down you don't need synths, for looping audio to video you really don't need any.

This is why the Ultimate DAW Plugin Manager (UDPM) was created.. install & try as many plugins as you like (the market contains thousands.. that why I love KVR to help me sort thru)..
The challenge is to find what works best for the job at hand, a task no one can complete but you, your ears, and your client.

UDPM allows you to make plugins visible and available to your DAW / NLE based of the job at hand stored as presets of enabled and disabled.. your DAW or NLE only sees the plugin(s) that are enabled. It's a win win, your system memory and resources will thank you.
DAW / NLE auto launcher included.
Checkout the web-site and Quick Start guides for OSX and Windows..here's the link: http://ultimatepluginmanager.com

bookofthoth wrote:
Yes I should've spent more time arranging folders, and installing to lovely organised paths, but even if I had, could I really remember what each plugins capabilities were.
Mine are all in one folder. I know what they all are and what each one does :shrug:

whyterabbyt wrote:
InLight-Tone wrote:Because you should only have a handful at most in addition to your native DAW plugins. More plugins =/= better music...
Anyone who thinks there's any relationship, proportional or inversely proportional, between the number of available tools and quality of the work done with those tools is an idiot, as is anyone who tries to tell other people how many tools they 'should' or should not have.
+100
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

cityHIPHOP.net wrote:I agree, you don't need a ton of 3rd party plugins listed and available to your DAW or NLE only a "hand full" will do, but which "hand full" that's the question.. for tracking you don't need multi bands, for mix down you don't need synths, for looping audio to video you really don't need any.

This is why the Ultimate DAW Plugin Manager (UDPM) was created.. install & try as many plugins as you like (the market contains thousands.. that why I love KVR to help me sort thru)..
The challenge is to find what works best for the job at hand, a task no one can complete but you, your ears, and your client.

UDPM allows you to make plugins visible and available to your DAW / NLE based of the job at hand stored as presets of enabled and disabled.. your DAW or NLE only sees the plugin(s) that are enabled. It's a win win, your system memory and resources will thank you.
DAW / NLE auto launcher included.
Checkout the web-site and Quick Start guides for OSX and Windows..here's the link: http://ultimatepluginmanager.com
That's all well and good, @cityHIPHOP.net, and Ultimate DAW Plugin Manager sounds interesting, but both Google Chrome and Firefox say your site is "not secure", and that people should be careful about what the enter while visiting.

I don't know if you're aware about the site's issues, but until they're resolved, I doubt you'll get many more sales.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”