Soft Synth With The Best Workflow?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Autogun. Workflow = press one button. How can you beat that?

Honestly? Synth1 is by far the quickest synth I can make a required sound with - I don't know if it's familiarity or what but the workflow is just fast and flowing for me.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

DIVA

I have four favourite soft synths and the one with the best workflow is Serum.

Largo is the synth whose workflow ticks the most with me. I also liked the workflow of Massive very much, drag and drop modulation, and much of the functionality laid out on one page, with a couple of tabs.

Given the complexity of features and the variety of sounds achievable, Serum has an excellent workflow. Both the wavetable editor and the modulation system are highlights to me.

Spectral has a few nice workflow features too, the copy/paste functionality being what I have in mind, as well as the oscillator and filter editors.

egbert101 wrote:As the title suggests: Which soft synth has the best workflow? And no, this is not another list your favourite soft synth thread! :hihi: But you're still going to list your favourite soft synth aren't you? :P
Yes it is a list of your favorite soft synth, because Workflow is something very individual. As couple users mentioned Synth1 and Diva. Well Synth1 has a one of most horrible workflows ever because UI is not appealing.

Diva has a decent workflow, but its not as intuitive and fast as Dune 2 for me.

Largo is just a horsesh*t.

So its very individual and this topic should be locked as the topic theme will just genereate more answers with favorite synths. Its useless topic.

i would say A.N.A
clear enough, excellent for learning.
i would also +1 Synth1..
btw, both are also good synths in their own right. i still use synth1 a lot...

edit: i particularly recommend synth1 a) it's free
b) everything is in one window, literally. no need to go into another.
c) it sounds good (imho)
Last edited by inkwarp on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fabfilter twin2, FAW circle, Serum
dedication to flying

Serum. Everything is right there. There are many ways of altering sounds and every control is menaingful and useful.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

In all seriousness: Zebra. Been using it for ages and still find it amazing how one of the most complex synths is also one of the most accessible. That's not to say it had a perfect workflow... the plugmon skin was/is a big step in the right direction, and I'd be surprised if U-He didn't take note of all the small improvements it brought to the table.

IZotope Iris 1 and 2 - you draw on the spectrograms, see all the layers at once, map them to your keyboard, modulate with a click, visually clear and quite unique, just like every synth.
Last edited by Michael L on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I really like Largo in that aspect.

But also something like Charlatan(2).

Mitosynth

Return to “Instruments”