Waldorf software - new licensing system

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:For me, the only (but huge) reason which refrains me to use plugins having a C/R protection is the question "What happens if the company suddenly disappears?"
I read this so often now, and still don't get it. What's the difference to dongle protected software, or serial protected one? If Steinberg dies, eLicenser dies, so you won't be able to sync your licenses anymore (or activate it again, so, same situation as with C/R). If a company which uses serial protection dies, they won't be able to provide you with a serial anymore, in case you forgot, and lost it. Not to talk about lack of updates, which could lead to newer versions of the used OS not being supported anymore. I don't get this point. It seems like a fly in the ointment kind of thing.

What if Microsoft or Apple die. Then we're all doomed. :party:
Owning software from decades ago using only serial protection, I can still use it. Serials do not need internet connections to operate and I keep mine secure and written on paper that I will not lose. Challenge / response and dongles tho require a connection to the internet and to the company server to allow installation and changes to licenses.

Microsoft dies tomorrow? Windows 7 still works fine. I can install also Windows XP just fine, and it has been unsupported for a very long time.

Windows 10 tho? Who can know. This OS does not like being disconnected from the internet, and will freeze on startup if it is internet connected but cannot send telemetry to Microsoft.

You understand now the perils of this requirement for company survival, yes?

No, absolutely not. Unless you can show me the nevernending list of vendors, which went out of business, so that your (and others) argument would be valid, or hold a reality test. Also your Windows XP isn't half valid either. The least software developers even still support XP. How would you be able to run software on something which hardly anyone still supports?

Anyway, as noone will be able to convince the other anyway, i'll refrain from the discussion. It's always the same (invalid) arguments anyway. A serial is crap anyway, because, how do you want to make sure your software isn't used by 5 different people, as a developer? Yeah, i know, it's all about trust. Well, tell that to the people browsing Pirate Bay on a daily base.

chk071 wrote:No, absolutely not. Unless you can show me the nevernending list of vendors, which went out of business, so that your (and others) argument would be valid, or hold a reality test. Also your Windows XP isn't half valid either. The least software developers even still support XP. How would you be able to run software on something which hardly anyone still supports?

Anyway, as noone will be able to convince the other anyway, i'll refrain from the discussion. It's always the same (invalid) arguments anyway. A serial is crap anyway, because, how do you want to make sure your software isn't used by 5 different people, as a developer? Yeah, i know, it's all about trust. Well, tell that to the people browsing Pirate Bay on a daily base.
I think you are being deliberately trolling here...

It cannot be possible to be so out of touch from reality.

yes.

Oh, are we there yet, name-calling and such?

A quick search for 'Largo 1.7'... well it seems Largo is cracked already. :o
Last edited by Everglide on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can you use both versions at the same time, 1.6 and 1.7?

Hm strange, can't fount my Waldorf Edition 2 order nor download in waldorf account , long time has not visited there.

Everglide wrote:A quick search for 'Largo 1.7'... well it seems Largo is cracked already. :o

So were the dongle versions, what's your point?

Waldorf 2 edition was what I have. I too had problems with my account but I was fixed in one day by Waldorf so no problems here. :)

Zookes wrote:Microsoft dies tomorrow? Windows 7 still works fine. I can install also Windows XP just fine, and it has been unsupported for a very long time.
XP still requires online validation. Unless you have the "enterprise" version.

c fghkjvhjlbjkmnkmù,nklmùpmù
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

electro wrote:Is this some kind of C/R?
Nope, just a serial key. :)

edit: I see that Ingonator already said it. Anyway, still great news. :clap:

Eclectus wrote:Regarding license transfers: I asked for this as well and they said
The new owner needs copies of your original receipts as well as and document
signed by you, which confirms that you sold your licenses to this new owner.
Since I bought Largo second hand (via e-licenser) from someone who themselves bought it second hand, there is no way I'm ever going to have the original receipts. So there is no way for me to sell my license. (Even though I really want to because I don't use the synth anymore...)

TLDR: if you buy any Waldorf software products, keep your receipts. And if you're buying second hand, ask for them!
Did you ask Waldorf to change your eLicenser code to the new serial system? I also bought Largo second hand, and i didn't have the original activation code, but, support provided me with a serial, for the new copy protection scheme, and i could activate it that way, and i registered it in my account as well. Provided i have a serial now, i should be able to transfer it to another user too (mind that users who buy Largo, or any other Waldorf soft synth now, should also have to activate it using the new serial system).

xcfgyhjkcvjkvhjlbjhklbjkm
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”