Unbelievable, why are there no VST managers?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They need something like Steam but for plugins instead of games. I think we will see this eventually...

@Steve,

FYI Chrome and Firefox marks all http based websites that contain login forms as not secure most users know this.

So please stop trying to mislead people.. there is nothing nefarious about the website.

No transactions actually take place on the UDPM website anyway, you do need to create an account and password to purchase UDPM, but you can use any name you like just use a valid EMail address, no credit card details are stored on the website either, Your account is referenced by your EMail and your systems unique ID, and all purchases are made thru paypal which is quite secure. and finally, UDPM downloaded licenses will not work on any other computer save the buyer.

HTH
Sometimes the only way to win is not to play...

cityHIPHOP.net wrote:@Steve,

FYI Chrome and Firefox marks all http based websites that contain login forms as not secure most users know this.

So please stop trying to mislead people.. there is nothing nefarious about the website.

No transactions actually take place on the UDPM website anyway, you do need to create an account and password to purchase UDPM, but you can use any name you like just use a valid EMail address, no credit card details are stored on the website either, Your account is referenced by your EMail and your systems unique ID, and all purchases are made thru paypal which is quite secure. and finally, UDPM downloaded licenses will not work on any other computer save the buyer.

HTH
Oh, so this is how we're going to do this. Ok. :roll:

Neither Firefox nor Chrome states what is specifically wrong with your site, leaving visitors to wonder.

Also, *I* didn't say people should be careful about what they entered at your site, Chrome and Firefox did. I merely relayed the message to you.

I was NOT "trying to mislead people", and I said nothing negative about your product or your site. I only pointed out the problem to you to HELP you, in case you were not aware of the issue, and in case your sales were down as a result of people getting warned when they went to your website. :roll:

Good luck with your site...and your customer service.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

KVR is the best plugin manager. :tu:

Oh Ok,

Thanks for the heads up!
I really have no way of knowing if the "not secure" mark affects sales or not
But it may be useful to add an SSL certification, after all the "not secure" mark did give you pause..So I think I'll error on the side of caution and add SSL certification..
As a good friend told me long ago, You can't control what people are concerned about.

Thanks again Steve

Don
Sometimes the only way to win is not to play...

cityHIPHOP.net wrote:Oh Ok,

Thanks for the heads up!
I really have no way of knowing if the "not secure" mark affects sales or not
But it may be useful to add an SSL certification, after all the "not secure" mark did give you pause..So I think I'll error on the side of caution and add SSL certification..
As a good friend told me long ago, You can't control what people are concerned about.

Thanks again Steve

Don
Thanks, Don. SSL certification certainly could help. (I don't know who your host is, but Go Daddy is offering a sale on SSL certificates right now. You can save up to 40%.)

I'll be looking into UDPM a bit more, and I have a friend who might benefit from it, too. I just want to see how it works with three different DAWs on the same machine.

Thanks again!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

AnX wrote:
bookofthoth wrote:
Yes I should've spent more time arranging folders, and installing to lovely organised paths, but even if I had, could I really remember what each plugins capabilities were.
Mine are all in one folder. I know what they all are and what each one does :shrug:
Yeah pretty much, and while I don't have as many as some, I'm between 100 and 200 plugins. Just divide into groups of 7 plus or minus 2 and the brain handles it just fine.

ghettosynth wrote:
AnX wrote:
bookofthoth wrote:
Yes I should've spent more time arranging folders, and installing to lovely organised paths, but even if I had, could I really remember what each plugins capabilities were.
Mine are all in one folder. I know what they all are and what each one does :shrug:
Yeah pretty much, and while I don't have as many as some, I'm between 100 and 200 plugins. Just divide into groups of 7 plus or minus 2 and the brain handles it just fine.
Yeah i dont have a stupid amount installed. Over the years ive fine tuned my collection to a good number of workhorses and a few speciaists, and im not easily swayed by the latest new shiny thing.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”