Distribute Audio takes in Cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am recording different takes in a loop in Cubase. /they get stacked then as individual parts.
When done, is it possible to distribute those parts automatically on the timeline (because they are stacked after recording)

Thank you,

Which version of cubase are you using?

Hi,

it is Cubase 8.5 (so the newest one)

convert to tracks.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Hi, can you give ne a hint what you mean by convert to tracks? Did not find something in this direction, thanks.

pppppppppp wrote:Hi, can you give ne a hint what you mean by convert to tracks? Did not find something in this direction, thanks.
I can give you a hint .. although I'd like to just say read the f**king manual about lanes. It explains it perfectly.

On the audio track, right mouse click and "show lanes"... you could also update the track widget to give you button to do this.

Once you have the lanes showing, right mouse click and select "Create tracks from lanes"

Thanks,
did not find it in the first place, because I tried with manually stacked Audio events - but apparently separate lanes are created during recording (only).

That helps, but what I did not clearly describe in my first post - I wanted to distribute them horizontally, so that the takes play each after another.
(Ill have to use the scissors and not record in loop then otherwise)

pppppppppp wrote:Thanks,
did not find it in the first place, because I tried with manually stacked Audio events - but apparently separate lanes are created during recording (only).

That helps, but what I did not clearly describe in my first post - I wanted to distribute them horizontally, so that the takes play each after another.
(Ill have to use the scissors and not record in loop then otherwise)
you can't do that directly. The only way is to convert them to tracks, then drag the events onto a single track in whatever order you want. What you are describing is the opposite of loop/comp recording.

I agree ;-)

But makes it easy to record endlessly paralle to the same loop, without duplicating/sequencing all the other parts.
(even less possible if you wanted to loop-record like this midst of an arranged song)

Thanks for your hints!

Got a hint here:
Since a single Audio file is created and takes are only parts of that:
Just take the first Part and expand it, will contain the complete sound file then

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”