Black Rooster Audio releases FREE AMP PLUG-IN Cypress TT-15

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The main issue I'm having with this, is that it's yet another hoop for us legit users to jump through.

From 99,5% of C/R related copy protected software, this is the only one that even remotely(!) asks for such a high level of access. And this is an absolute no-go for me IMO.

So to quote the developers:
Why another licensing system?

...Our goal when creating our own license service was to keep things as simple as possible: Just install the software, enter your credentials and you're ready to go. No more time wasted for annoying license download or activation procedures.

Software copy protection may not be famous for being unbreakable. But, of course, we don't support crack-users and we trust our customers just like we hope they trust us. So we came up with the idea of simply embedding our license service into our plug-ins, enabling you to activate all of them online in just a few clicks. ...
Simplified - maybe.
User friendly - hell no.
Secure - absolutely not (there were hacks of Black Rooster Audio plugins merely hours after their release!)

The only people that are (constantly) punished with C/R, are the legit users - to which I'm one of.

Well, at least my settings are saved on project reload. Unlike with guitar amp tools from another company...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

This is truly fantastic. It has serious life and feel. I can back off the volume on my 490 humbuckers and get a sweet chimney clean and go to 10 for an almost JcM 800 heavy metal tone. The distortion is very nice with no fizziness. It is in the same league as S gear and Kazrog as far a pick response. Love the simple feature set. The CPU hit is low considering the quality. I did notice a 32 sample pdl only when the GUI is open. This has become my go-to amp sim. Still mesmorized at the tone.

Thank you.

I am now very interested to try the comps but my trial license expired while I got distracted with all the time enjoying my new guitar tones.

Whelp - I tried.

I tried it with "forced god mode" (and kept it on), I tried it with "regular launching", I tried reinstalling...
Looks like the plugins insist to treat me like a non-legit user (read: a criminal)

I am now contacting the devs - this is more than annoying.

And THIS is the very reason why I hate C/R so, so much!
Unpredictable, flaky, and if the company goes belly-up - you can't even use the tool in question anymore.

Pity...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I never had any problems so far.
It's easy if you know how

Got a mail response a couple of hours ago - the customer support is on this case

I've given it a try. Installation was a bit confusing with the web site but got it going. I've compared it with Amplitube's and it is capable of sounding similar. My only knock is that it sounds a bit trebly. The tone, for me, simply goes from moderate treble to more treble. Amplitube's tone seems to have a wider range of sounds. This is just a stock strat I've used. Don't have any experience with the real amp.

Compyfox wrote:And THIS is the very reason why I hate C/R so, so much!
Maybe C/R hates you. Ever think of that?

:P
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Funny that you mention it, because I'm not the only one reporting this...

Also, the fact that C/R can be a dangerous playground (see what happened with Camel Audio), but YMMV of course...

Return to “Effects”