GS-201 goes 64bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tape Echo GS-201

cprompt wrote:
Compyfox wrote:In fact, I did send in a mail as well, asking if there is a WATKAT update in the pipe as well. We'll see how this goes.
That would be sweet, the WatKat is a fine delay and worthy of an update.
Would love that as well, it really is a great free delay.

Edit: Already got an email back, and he said they looked fine to him - I took that and you guys' reports of using older registrations and figured it must have been some error with my host or something and tried them again without anything else going on. They registered fine now, enjoying playing with GS-201 again now. :hyper:

Really is a great Space Echo sim

Yeah my old key works too - Had trouble copy-pasting it though, so had to manually enter the username and serial

Can confirm the working registration as well...

However I seem to have found a bug. Anybody else notice that the Bass/Treble for the Spring doesn't do anything?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:However I seem to have found a bug. Anybody else notice that the Bass/Treble for the Spring doesn't do anything?
Yes, can confirm.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Filed a bug report via mail. Did you do so as well, Tp3?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yes
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Alright.. so this won't get overlooked.

Did you notice that the "tape sound" (the different tapes) is also different compared to the x86 version?
Filed that as well - just in case. Maybe this is related.

I stand corrected :

It looks like the controls are active/not active PER DELAY/REVERB program (the large dial).
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I was on REV only and even here, nothing happened

Congrats on the x64 release.

Now, when are we going to see a x64 version of Mr Ray?

The best modelled Rhodes piano ever.

Mr. Ray is still decent, but its modeling is starting to show its age, IMHO...

"Bass" and "Treble" won't affect the reverb, only the delay, same as on the RE-201

sqigls wrote:"Bass" and "Treble" won't affect the reverb, only the delay, same as on the RE-201
Yep, this is not a bug.

What does this offer for EchoBoy Jnr owners?

MogwaiBoy wrote:What does this offer for EchoBoy Jnr owners?
More authentic functionality with the lack of sync and different head/reverb modes. Plus the different tape types, spring reverb, and EQ.

I've actually been preferring the sonics of the combination of Echoboy Jr. and Outer Verb, but ymmv.

Return to “Effects”